Tuesday, March 28, 2006

1 Year Later

What a crazy year! I started blogging a year ago today :) I thought I missed the date, but low and behold, it was today that Knitting Sunshine began. Its amazing how far we all come over such a short amount of time. I mean, last year I was in a completely different place, both in life and in knitting. Right now life is busy as usual, but I can definitely say that I am happier overall. And what better way to celebrate 1 year, than a new pair of socks! I present to you my Jaywalkers in a lovely self-striping Regia colorway:



Project specs:
Pattern: Jaywalker Socks by Kathy and published online at Magknits
Yarn: Regia mini-ringel #5343
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9. I did the smaller size but wish I did the bigger one since they are a bit tight :)
Started: January 31, 2006
Finished: March 28, 2006
Other Details: I magic looped it once again and love how these came out. Even though it was extra work cutting out the stripes for the heel and toe, I am happy I did because I think they look amazing with the solid sections. I also added an extra inch to the leg and, coincidentally, almost ran out of yarn (I had only a few inches left of gray for kitchener!)

And over at Sunshine Yarns you'll find lots of new things today. First off, Diana designed a new banner, button, tags, etc. for me and they are making their debut today! I also dyed up tons of a new superwash yarn for the striping colorways only and will have those up as well. For those Harry Potter fans out there, all four house colors are now available in the striping superwash yarn!

Phew. What a week! I think I dyed over 100 skeins between last Tuesday and yesterday. I'm tired! Tomorrow I have a special present to show you, as well as my new pair of socks!

19 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger HeatherLakin said...

I love your Jaywalkers! Beautiful work (and beautiful yarn in the shop too)! :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Happy blogiversary, Dani! We're almost blog twins!

I am coveting that Strawberry Banana...

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, those Jaywalkers turned out perfectly!

I'm twitching to get a skein of Gryffindor...

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dani. You have made my little Gryffindor heart very happy.

Congrats to you. Your new banner and avatar are quite loverly.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY Chicky! I checked at like 9, nothing new at the store. CHecked just now and there is only a tiny bit left!

Happy blogiversary. I realized the other day I completely missed mine (March 10th)

Great socks as always, and I like the new outfit for the store ;-)

Did you get my email the other day?

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Agnes said...

Happy Blogiversary and may there be many more to come.
I think your thin stripes Jaywalker is the most beautiful one I've seen so far ... I love the thinner stripes.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A year already! Whew! Happy blogversary! Wishing you many more to come....

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Happy Blogversary Dani!

I have that Regia yarn waiting to be made into socks, isn't it a fab color?

And I got the gryffendor yarn yesterday, it looks even better in person. Thanks!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!

Those are really, really nice socks :)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Happy blogiversaay!!!

Are you freakin' out by how fast your yarn is selling???

Well...I am.

Just wondering if a single buyer is getting all of the Harry Potter yarn.

It's impossible to catch. Must have wings :o)

Good for you!

AND I love your socks!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Happy anniversary!

We miss you, too.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Oh sheesh, Dani! YOu finished the socks I've frogged like 4 times. I'm so jealous! They're lovely. As I knew they would be. If I would just KNIT them!

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... there must have been something in the water this time last year. Your's is about the fourth blogiversary I've celebrated this week (including mine!). Happy blogiversary to you--so glad to see your projects and thoughts here, to have you visit now and again, and to have your beautiful yarn sent out into the world!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Happy Blogversary! Your socks look great! Lovely colors!

ps. thanks for the info on making the bigger size...I will have to do that!

Get some rest girl!!! You so deserve it! :)

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this big date, and what lovely JWs those are! Would you like them to appear in the gallery?

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy blogiversary, dani ;)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger DancingFish said...

Those are quite the inspiration for a non-sock knitter! Happy blogiversary!

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary, you inspired me to try a similar regia, they were our of the 5343, but I got a lovely blue, they will be the 3rd Jaywalkers, I like that pattern.. Congtats on the lovely socks and anniversary

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the jaywalkers! happy blogiversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home