Friday, March 31, 2006

The Little Things

As promised, here is what came in the mail the other day! The second half of my birthday present from my mom. I saw this quilt in her LQS when I was home around the holidays and just thought it was so beautiful. Sure enough, I now have one sitting on my couch! Can you tell I love blues?! I know this will get lots of use and cuddle time over the years.. so thanks mom :) Oh, and you just have to look at the stitch detailing by clicking on the pictures. I love how the thread is variegated!




And speaking of the mail, I felt like Santa Claus on Thursday morning, when I headed to the post office and work with this HUGE Crate and Barrell bag filled with 36, yes, 36 packages. Scott and I were just laughing at the fact that I could hardly carry it since the bag is so long... Thank you to all who purchased some Sunshine Yarns on Tuesday! Looks like I need to get to dyeing up some more for next week!



And just a quick note for those Sockapalooza people out there... I FINALLY have my yarn for my sock pal. I dyed up this pretty little number on Monday and think she is going to love it! I've been putting off dyeing up yarn for her since I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a pattern with striping yarn, or something with a nice variegation. So, I just went with the variegation.. but still need to find a nice pattern.



If you are in Boston, have a wonderful Spring Day today! Woohoo!

11 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, Dani, I LOVE that yarn! That should be a colorway for the store, I think!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Chris said...

That quilt is STUNNING. Your mom does great work! Looking forward to receiving my package from your ginormous bag. :)

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, the quilt is lovely! And omgosh, my package is in there too *squee*

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh, that YARN... it calls my name loud and clear! Reminds me a bit of Watermelon Patch (my current fave of yours) but with a bit less green in it. These colors would be utterly fabulous in self-striping, too (ahem!)

Oh man. I want some. :-)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger HeatherLakin said...

Beautiful yarn! The quilt is lovely, what an awesome birthday present. My yarn was in that bag too -- how exciting! :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mia said...

I love the quilting pattern on your quilt. Your mom does great work. I almost want to lcean off my machine and start machine quilting again.

Yeah, I know that one of those envelopes is mine!!!

And I love the colrway for your sock pal also. But I think you should wait until after she gets the socks before adding it to the store. This way you can name it after her.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Strikkelise said...

Extremely yummy colours on that yarn. And the quilt is lovely, lucky you!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow! look at you girl! love it that your can't keep the store stocked ;) love your sockpals colorway!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love the colorway!! Hopefully we will see it in your shop soon

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the quilt, That stitch detail is awesome. I couldn't imagine doing that much detail! Beautiful!

Your sock pal is one lucky pal! That colorway is very yummmy!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

There's a reason your yarn is flying off the virtual shelf. It rocks! I tried a little Kool Aid dying this weekend and got just a taste of all the hard work that goes into your art. Kudo's to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home