Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yesterday Morning

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours reskeining yarn that I had dyed on Sunday. For the first time ever, the store was completely empty last week! So, I chugged away on Sunday and even managed to have time for some new colorways :) Of course, Shamrock had to be one of them!



I think its funny, but everytime I attempt to do work at home, the kitties seem to want to snuggle or play. And, they want to get me involved. Here, you can all witness what happens:

Picture 1: Kali says, "Look how cute I am!"
Picture 2: Kali says, "Hmm, smells on your finger.. are you going behind my back and playing with some sheepies mommy?"
Picture 3: Kali thinks, "You're my mommy, lets wrestle and play!"
Picture 4: Kali thinks, "Hmm, I think I just realized mommy isn't a cat and can't wrestle with me like I want to... lets go find that sister of mine!"
Picture 5: Sister playtime begins.. Soma never seems to have the upper hand in a good roll-around, but here it looks like she is taking charge!
Picture 6: Nevermind, two minutes later, Soma seems to be on the bottom with her ears being gnawed on.





Oh, and yesterday I also basted in Scott's zipper successfully. No real ripples and it seemed to be perfectly flat... What am I doing today??!! TAKING IT OUT!!! After a discussion last night, we both thnk that the zipper really needs to be longer since it didn't quite make it to the top of the collar. So, I ordered two different colors from here and hopefully the problem will be solved soon. Stupid zippers....

16 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cats are adorable and that yarn looks super yummy. If I were the cats, I would be trying to roll around in that!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Acornbud said...

Yummy is indeed the word for you new creations! That cat is sure a ham.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger alison said...

Ooooh, love the colors! Very pretty and the shamrock is such a fun green. Can't wait to see what you did with my mini-skeins! :)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

The colours are great. Love the babies. Have two of my own. Worse than having kids.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitties look like mine! They're brother and sister and my babies.

Pretty yarn! Must . . . go . . . shopping!
Alexis

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Pretty colors. And I loved the tale of two cats! Very cute. Bummer about the zipper...

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(muttering)...must not drive out east to attack dani and roll in the yarn with the kitties....must not....(/muttering)

Dani--I so so love the yarn. Is there a volume discount? I'll take the whole pile......

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the kali pics! make me miss my cat....the yarns look great! i was so shocked when i looked in your store last week and everything was gone ;)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Brandie said...

Just wanted to say that I love visiting your blog and seeing all your great work!! The yarn is beautiful!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger The MacKay Way said...

oooh - love the kitty pics -- I miss my kids - they're home & I'm workin' in China.
Fab new colored yarns too! You go girl!

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,
I'm so ready to try out your yarn!

Shireen

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger emy said...

All those colorways are so beautiful! I especially love the violet/lilac one!

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn you colored is beautiful!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Ok - I just want to roll around in that stack of yarn - so gorgeous with all the different colors!! Sigh. The kitties are cute - my boys do the same thing - always wanting to be right in the middle of a project - wrapping Xmas gifts is probably the worst. Oh, and by the way, I think that REALLY IS the CUTEST airplane sweater EVER - adorable!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dani,
I'm almost done with my wave skirt - just have the lace edging to go. Here's the link to my blog so you can see the color combination so far. Thanks again for the inspiration.
http://becksii.blogspot.com

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You had a great yarns sales day yesterday. I looked too early ,then too late!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home