Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Little Bit Of Knitting

The past two weeks have been busy and I haven't had much time to knit. Luckily, I am in love with Artyarns Supermerino yarn and can bust out a pair of socks in a week or so with just a minimal amount of time. So, here they are, my new comfy pair of socks that joined Scott and I at Coldplay in Manchester, NH last night. If you haven't seem them live, you MUST. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. It makes me want to be a rockstar. Maybe in my next life ;)

Oh, and I just have to mention the pooling issue with these socks. I still love Artyarns, but man, these two socks are totally different (same dyelot)! Not only do they pool differently, but the lighter colors are a bit different between the two. I have two more skeins to make a pair for Scott, but think I am going to exchange these for another colorway he likes alot :)



Project specs:
Pattern: Just a basic ribbed sock.
Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino #143
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9.
Started: March 24, 2006
Finished: April 2, 2006
Other Details: I did the magic loop method on a US5. I cast on 44 sts to start for those that are interested :) Two skeins is just enough yarn to make a 7" leg.

14 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look GREAT!!!!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Hi darlin' -

They do look really wonderful!

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is some interesting pooling. looks like stripes almost. maybe you should knit with your own yarns. i love your colors!!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy pooling! You'd think that skeins from the same dyelot would have the same pooling too..

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I love the pooling, but wow - so much difference between the two socks.

I dub them Tabby Cat Socks.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Thea said...

funny - I kinda like 'em different! Makes for a better "I knit these" story....

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought some of this yarn yesterday at Windsor Button to make socks as a gift. Thanks for the details!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hey there dani! caitlyn from "knot without my knitting" made these kind of artyarn socks too! i just knew i had to have a pair so i bought my artyarn supermerino, guess what? same problem! one skein looks almost sun faded compared to the other! in the same dyelot! I am kind of glad to hear i wasn't the only one with this problem.... by the way i love how your socks turned out different.. it looks really cool, and purposeful!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Beth S. said...

Intriguing difference between those two socks! Wonder how that happened...

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Normally pooling would bug me but in this colorway, I really like the fraternal twin look - it looks like it was done intentionally. Very cool.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Acornbud said...

It is always a surprise the way yarn misbehaves sometimes! It works for me, too.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Austria! Wow, these socks look great - and never mind the differences in the pooling, that's what rockstars wear these days :) Seriously, I love the look of them!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger claudia said...

Is that yarn superwash? I have some that I got as a gift...love the color, but it can't be socks if I can't throw it in the washer.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow, that is really interesting how the socks turned out. That's part of the charm of handpainted, handknit socks though, I think.

I recently saw Coldplay here in Cleveland and they were just amazing here too. I loved the show, possibly the best concert I have seen. (Now, if I had seen U2 or REM, I might not be saying that...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home