Monday, June 12, 2006

Fly Away

Since I've been back from Ireland my main focus has been finishing old projects. Once I get into the "must finish or you can't start anything new mode" I'm one big modivation machine. I give myself alot of credit for doing this, because as most of you know, its SO EASY to let projects slide (especially if you become less than thrilled with the progress).

So, here we have it.... the little Airplane sweater I started in March. I picked it up last week with having most of the back done, half the front to do and one sleeve to knit (plus all the finishing). The finishing was the most fun part since, comm'on, you have the cutest little airplane to duplicate stitch on there!



A close up of the airplane:


A nice-nice folded picture:


So, are you all wondering who this is for?! The answer is no, its not for me (don't worry mom). Its actually for no one in particular as of now. I just really loved it and wanted to knit it up and put it away for someday. Someday.

Project specs:
Pattern: Airplane sweater from Mandarin Betit book 407
Yarn: Mandarin Petit in color #5930, #4218, #6073, #1002 and other leftovers
Measurements: I made this in a 2 year old size, because a 2 year old would be psyched to have an airplane on their sweater.
Started: March 7, 2006
Finished: June 12, 2006
Other Details: Loved the yarn, though it shows EVERYTHING! I don't think I did the best finishing job ever, but I am happy with it overall :)

18 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it! Your duplicate stitch looks great - have you read any good tutorials or suggestions on how to do duplicate stitch?
- Carla

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger sarah said...

That is so cute! You've inspired me, I keep seeing baby things I want to knit and now I think that I will!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger marirob said...

Too too cute! I love the sweater. I also love the fact that you made it "just because". Great job!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger jenknits said...

You're right - a 2 year old would SO love to have an airplane on his/her sweater. You rock.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger PalomaBoricua said...

Congratulations. You did it.
It is beautiful.
Paloma Boricua

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Oooh, you must be flying high with this one! Yeah for a super cute finished sweater. ...I have an idea of who you could give it to if you don't have any room in the bottom of your closet. ;-)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

it's really cute... i know what you mean about finishing projects :)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

So cute! When someday comes, it will be dearly loved.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this sweater is so lovely, what a fantastic job you did with it! I especially love that little airplane, it's too cute!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger raquel said...

dani...you've inspired me to motivate myself on finishing my WIPs. i love starting a project...the problem is how easily i get bored with it...that's why i love knitting socks! great for the short attention span!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger amysue said...

SOmeday is fine. I had al sorts of someday projects tucked away until someday became one day (and that wasn't until I was almost 35). I love the airplane, it's so jaunty!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Cuteness! I love the Mandarin Petit books...

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

That is adorable! Great job on the duplicate stitch!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani, I"m so proud of you, and grandma would be too!!!! That sweater is absolutely adorable and I WOULD NOT MIND if you and Scott put it to use SOONER than LATER!!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Mom
P>S> You've inspired me to take out that sweater that I started for you when you were "9 years old" and finish it. Think it will still fit??????

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow--the duplicate stitch is so neat. It is a great looking little sweater.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Darlink!!!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

Wow, that is absolutely adorable. Your duplicate stitch is so neat! Mine never looks that good!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sweater is sooo sooo cute!!! You did such a fabulous job with it!

And the colors above in your yarn a beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home