Monday, June 26, 2006

My Sock Savior

Crazy sockness Batman! First, I learned I was ditched by the person who had me... then, I realized that my pal (whom I knit the Raspberry Limeade socks for) never even acknowledged that she received them or that she liked or disliked them (are you out there??).. and lastly, I get the most amazing and thoughtful package from Janine in the mail today. Go sock saviors!! Janine, you made me cry.. really.

Look at all the goodies! I received some gorgeous cards from Oklahoma (and a handmade one from her 5 year old daughter...awesome!), an amazing bar of lavender soap (one of my favorite scents), a small bag filled with stitch markers, a larger zip bag that will be holding lots of my knitting accessories and some pretty frick'in cool socks.



Look at how perfect these bad boys fit?! Perfect. I couldn't have made them fit any better Janine! And they are even in my favorite color... blue :)




Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of weeks. I've been a bit under the weather and have lots of new knitting projects to update you all on. So, maybe tomorrow, I'll get around to posting some pictures! There is also a Sunshine Yarns update tomorrow as well, so go check that out for some new colorways!

10 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Janine said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! I hope this makes up for all the disappointment and that you'll sign up next round! I really enjoyed shopping and making things for you!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

My sockee never acknowledged my socks either, even after I sent her an email...frustrating, isn't it? I don't know how anyone could ignore those raspberry limeade socks!! I'm glad you got such a great package to make up for all the disappointment!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ANYONE could not acknowledge your wonderful socks is beyond me! I am happy you had such a nice saviour though - you certainly deserve it!

Nice to have you posting =)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice socks! Yeah for sock saviours!!

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oof, people can be so mean! thank goodness for the nice folk out there, like your sock saviour ;)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Gosh...it's so sad to hear about people not acting in a courteous way....and especially about socks!!!

I'm so happy your savior came thru!

We need to think up a clever name for the slackers!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm happy there was a sock savior for you! Bummer about your sock buddy target tho. :( You can be my sock buddy anytime - I'll treat you right! :)

Glad you're feeling better.

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, sock savior! I can't understand how someone wouldn't love those rasp.limeade socks. Will that colorway be available in superwash? Cyndy

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

great job janie! dani looks pretty happy! sorry about all the rotten luck with the sock pal! i loved those socks that you had made!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm glad there was a sock savior for you! They look like they fit great! she did such a great job!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home