Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not The Knit Socks...

..but the Red Sox! Can't stand the irony?! Yeah, I am a dork. But no, Scott and I had an amazing time last night at MY first ever Sox game! They played the Mets which is Scott's favorite team. I really believe that if you live in Boston, you have to go to a game at least once. It really is a magical event even if you aren't into baseball, like me! Talk to me about hockey, football, soccer, swimming or cycling, and I'm game.. but baseball, hell no. People here must think I am crazy, but I grew up in a state where we didn't even have a major league team until I was 14 or so. Yeah, the excuses...




A crappy ass picture of me under the lights... We actually had great seats beneath the score board, and had a chance to talk to (crap, can't remember her name) this 81 year old woman who is the longest standing season ticket holder. She hasn't missed a home game in about 50 years.. crazy huh?!



And, look, there is knitting! I've knit alot last week and managed to get most of the front done on my Cap Sleeve Top out of DB Pure Silk. Isn't it looking fab?! I highly recommend this yarn and think it is a delight to knit with.



I also started another project last Friday. Its the Creatures of the Reef Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting! Man, this thing was hard to start and the first 10 rows are fairly difficult (you have to purl 13 together), but I think it will be worth it. At one point I had over 650 sts on the needles and each row was taking over a half hour. Nevertheless, I still made it to row 30 by Monday night!

13 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

It looks like you got the one nice day to go to the game! Lucky!

That tee is beautiful - the color and sheen are so nice - ahh, silk!

Good work on the shawl. That is persistance!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

purl 13 together? that's crazy talk!

looks like a fun night at the ol' ball park! did you bring your knitting with you?

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to a Red Sox game on our wedding night and even though I am NOT a Sox fan, it was magic nonetheless! Glad you had a good time!

PS - I got the yarn! THANK YOU!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Midnight Purls said...

I just received a hank of the Pure Silk from my secret pal and would have to agree it is lovely.

I'm planning on making the eye mask from Handknit Holidays with mine, but after seeing your top, I'm seriously contemplating splurging on enough for a top of some sort.

Purl 13 together??? I would have never thought that possible. Crazy!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Lucky you - it was a great game! Go Sox! :)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

You look like an angel.
:-)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger DancingFish said...

I love the reef creatures! can't wait to see it as it progresses!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

looks like y'all had a lot of fun :) i like going to pro games.. i love stadium food! ;) your knits are looking good. I like the colors of both projects.. where do you find time to knit ?

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

You're making such good progress on that shawl! It's nice when you can get past the tough part (p13tog?!?) and into the zone.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The game sounds fun, the top looks lovely, and the lace--purl 13? Better you than me, but I am going to enjoy watching the progress on that beautiful shawl.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Congratulations on experiencing our family version of heaven. There's no place on earth like Fenway Park! Will be watching that DB project grow!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I think a fenway park colorway is in order :o)

Big green wall...red, white and black....

I can see it now :o)

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger MaryMGlynn said...

i love your work!!! Very nice cables

 

Post a Comment

<< Home