Tuesday, April 01, 2008

28

Thank you so much for all your good thoughts before the wisdom teeth removal on Friday. Sue - you had me chanting 10 minutes, 2 days, 10 minutes, 2 days, the whole morning before I went in! The waiting part the few days before is almost the worst of it. The procedure went well, though I would NEVER do it again without being sedated. Let's just say, nobody should be a witness to all the horrible sounds I heard going on in my mouth. But alas, I had very little swelling and have been doing fine on just Motrin, marshmallows, oatmeal and sorbet. It's amazing what gets us by, you know?! Now there are only 28 - it sounds sad.

On Saturday, I started a new project with some yummy yarn (there is that darn word again)! It took me a few years, but my first Clapotis is in the making. Still, I need to catch up on some FO's from the last couple of weeks.... Tomorrow, there will be pics :)

5 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Your first Clap! That is reason to celebrate. It is a fun pattern....what Sunshine Yarn creation will your honor with your first Clap?

I hope you feel much better, very fast.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way as you mend. As the daughter of a dentist and the wife of a dentist, I know how many stories you can hear about bad experiences with dentistry in any modality. I think the only reason people are "put to sleep" for oral surgery is due to the noise although they think it's for the pain. Dentistry now days is mostly pain free unless you let a problem get out of hand by doing nothing when the dental problems are small. Happy healing, enjoy the high calorie soft treats and heal quickly. Nothing hot to eat or drink and don't use a straw! Dry socket does hurt! Love your blog and your knitting!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Glad you are on the mend! Congrats on the Clapotis. I love mine and have always thought to make another. Can't wait to see your chosen yarn!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I am so glad that it went quickly and you had something to think about beforehand which wasnt so negative was it. I really didnt like hearing the noises either or seeing how strong my dentist actually was ripping them out. I think I was in a cold sweat beforehand too. I do hope you heal quickly which I am sure you will.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger ~Jo~ said...

Sending you plenty of healing vibes. I just had a wisdom tooth pulled last month. ;) My dentist offers you to listen to music with earplugs for the tooth removal, it helps to keep your mind a bit busy.

I ate a lot of omelets and pasta during my way back to normal eating. Hope you feel better soon, I still need two wisdom teeth to be pulled. Ack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home