Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Good News All Around...

It's finally here! My 'lil shop is called Sunshine yarns with the official address being www.sunshineyarns.etsy.com.
Go check it out! On Monday, I dyed up a bunch of fun new colors: Iris, Moss, Deep Ocean and Fiji. You'll also find some Tiger, Watermelon and Gryffindor. So enjoy looking around everyone and spread the news :)



In other news, my cousin is doing MUCH better. I truely appreciate all the support.. I was totally stunned at how so many of you went out of your way to send my family best wishes. My family thanks you all so much.

And now I can say finally, FINALLY, an FO! The Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf is officially done! I blocked it on Monday night and did the fringe yesterday. I have to say, it looks super nice and professional (ignore the cat hair). The tube idea is a great one and I think I will be knitting more scarves like this in the future. However, a warning goes out to all of you who think this is an easy knit. I mean, its easy, but mentally it got way too boring for me to handle. The last four or five repeats made me dread knitting, which is not how it's supposed to be. So, think twice before you jump on the bandwagon for this one...

Some froggy morning pictures:



And, some sunny ones too:



And the project details:
Pattern: Prisoner of Azkaban Gryffindor scarf by Lauren Kent
Yarn: Cascade 220 in Maroon (2401) and Gold (7826
Measurements: 8" wide by 63" long
Started: May 30, 2005
Finished: September 13, 2005
Other Important Details: I knit this scarf for my 11 year old cousin who is on the shorter side. So, I cast on only 80 stitches rather than 90 and did only 11 repeats rather than 14. As you can tell, its plenty long and I hope he loves it! Its going to be a Halloween present for him... now, to find those disguisting flavored jelly beans to gift with it :)

15 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani- Looks great. I love your yarns. I will definitley be checkin gout your site. If you can't find the jelly beans let me know. I saw some at Wlmart and I'd be happy to pick some up for you.
Hugs

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Sunshine Yarns! I'm heading over to do a bit of browsing.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Yum, Dani - awesome job. I'll be placing my order at the beginning of next month, when my new roommie moves in and I have some extra (textile stash) money!

Kisses to you and yours...

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats dani! the store looks great ;) - i just found out this past month about etsy and really, that's a very very dangerous site..

;)

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarns look great! Congrats on the new site.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Your store layout is great! Excellent work, and lovely yarns!

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarns are simply out of this world - beautiful!

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

your shop looks good. Are you planning on adding the other houses as well? Ravenclaw from the book should be a lovely color combo.

The scarf looks like it'd be perfect blogreading knitting. It did turn out lovely. I am sure your cousin will love it.

Karin

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Looks great Dani! All the best luck for your store!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really a FAN of HP but I really like the scarf you knitted. I bet your cousin will enjoy it for "trick or treats" on Halloween and all this winter !

your yarn is fabulous.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty scarf. My daughter is making one very similar in her school colors for football games.

Don't you love knitting for short and small kids.... much faster! Thankfully, my 6'2" hubby doesn't go for the hand-knits.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

dani it looks so awesome! he is gonna love it:) yeah i am so excited about your shop! i will spread the word!!!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kit said...

Your yarns look awesome and the scarf looks magnificent! Nice job on both!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Great scarf -- bordom enducing and all! I totally understand!!! THe last few inches of the skirt on the empire waisted dress I knit for my niece in stockinette was a KILLER!!! (And it was aching hands cotton to boot!!)

Beautiful yarns too!! I must clean out a bit more of my stash still before buying more -- but I'll bookmark your site for later!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Congrats on your new store! That's really cool. Have you had a lot of purchases yet?? I know you don't spin your own yarn, but where do you get the dyeable stuff from that you can re-sell it?

And great job on the scarf, it makes me anxious for November...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home