Saturday, April 30, 2005

They Keep Coming...

This will be, for those of you who are counting, my third FO in the last week! I am a knitting machine! No, this one was a quickie and only took about 5 hours or so. That Joelle is a big liar and said that this scarf should take four hours or less to knit... no, no, just kidding Joelle, not a big deal. I have to say though, I am convinced that this pattern is wrong. I used the correct needles size and the yarn they recommend, Rowan Kidsilk Haze. By the time you get through 10 eyelet repeats, you are supposed to have 32 inches or so (I had 23). Now, that is a big difference! I had to repeat the eyelet pattern four more times to get to the proper length before I did the finishing edge eyelet pattern. The finished dimensions are 35.5 inches long and 5 inches wide.

Due to another dismal, rainy day in Boston, the pictures below came out a shade dark. From the pictures you would assume that I took them at the end of the day... but oh, no, those are from noon my friends (just to show you how dark it really is).


3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea yea yea, just keep knocking em out and making us jealous! As usual, awesome job! That's one I may need to try, looks like a pretty and easy gift!

Off to HGTTG *s* Have a great night!!

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! How many 25g balls did you use for it?

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty - you are a knitting machine! I need to crank out some small gifts to have on hand...after all, Christmas is coming! :::Grin:::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home