Sunday, June 05, 2005

Beads Gone Wild!

In an attempt to find a few more specific beads, I headed to Beadworks on Newbury Street in Boston yesturday. First things first, who knew that Newbury Street was the South Beach of Boston!? I hadn't been down there yet (though I guess I had been everywhere else around Newbury) and was surprised to find women (more like models) walking around in these skimpy little outfits. I had no idea that Newbury Street was the place to be and be seen (a little sarcasm here)! Mind you I was wearing the oldest shorts in the world and a large old XL Lehigh T-shirt, with my hair all rumbled and broken sandles falling off my feet. Not that it matters, it was just more of a laugh ;)!!

On to the point though...Beadworks rocks! I was in heaven in there (while Scott, so patiently, helped me spend my money). The store was, of course, a bit pricey, but they had the most beautiful and unique beads around (I didn't notice if they had any seed beads..yes, thats how entranced I was). All in all, I walked away and came straight home to start plugging away at my stitch markers. Some of the ones I CAN show you know are down below (I made these for a friend and I). All the other ones you are going to have to wait since I need be stealth-like for a few more days.




Oh, and kudos to Jo and Johanna for guessing right! All those beads are for stitch markers and a crocheted rope! I am learning how to make the ropes this week, so stay tuned!

9 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these Dani - great job! It quickly becomes an addiction, I know LOL

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, those are great! I especially like the ones with the tiny turtles. Very cute.

-SP

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! And they look fun to make.

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turtles! I love turtles. Great beads and you always need stitch markers.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love your stitch markers!! i have been working like crazy making some lately:) newbury street is the south beach of boston huh? thats funny.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are very nice stitch markers.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Thanks everyone! I'm addicted! However, I ran out of split rings last night... so, that saved me.... for now :)!

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the flower beads on the turtle markers!

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty markers! I love making those things. I go crazy when I do. =0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home