Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Two for Tuesday

This weekend I managed to start on both sleeves for my hourglass sweater. As of now, I am up to the 12.5" mark on both! I am really happy that I bought a second circular to start the other one, because now when I am done with the sleeves, I am almost there (none of this going back to work the other one crap). On Sunday night, I did have a little "incident" with sleeve #1... I left the sleeve on my bed for about five minutes to run out to the kitchen, and sure enough Soma was on top of it when I returned! Nooo!!! I grabbed the sleeve away to find a few pulls in it! I fixed the pulls as best I could and just sulked a bit. I always tell myself never to leave my knitting out, and it was my fault for leaving it right next to her on the bed. I just wish the act of knitting wasn't so tempting to kitties sometimes. I swear that they have this internal radar that lets them know the proximity of a new project and the exact GPS location of its existence!




And in more exciting news, I learned how to crochet yesturday! Well, I did learn how to do the basic stitch (or loop?) with yarn, but then I started out on beads. I went from a large crochet hook to a tiny one (size 11/12 if anyone cares) in a matter of minutes. I am still super slow and am trying to get the hang of it, but here it is... the beginnings of a crocheted rope bracelet.



Oh, and since I know some of you have been organizing your yarn stash recently, here are a few pictures of my attempt at organization...The large clear, plastic bin is from The Container Store and is being used to store leftovers and yarn I am not planning on using in a while (this one is now in our "storage closet" in the extra bedroom). The other (achem post office) bin is being used for yarn that I am using or yarn that I plan to use in the near future (and this one is readily accessible). Yes, yes, I am anal, but I found that my yarn was spreading in to all rooms of the house!

12 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Dani, the sweater is looking so good! I want to start my hourglass soon (a couple of gift projects to get through first) and you are definitely inspiring me!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that crocheted braclet,good for you!
cara
earth mother

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happens with my cat too. I'll be working on something, then leave and come back into the room to find yarn everywhere! Luckily, its mostly from the ball of yarn and not the project. Sam gets his own yarn balls now. :-)

Yea for crochet! That bracelet looks neat. I am not all alone in the world of crochet after all!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color of your hourglass sweater!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cats can also sense when I have set any tiny little strand of yarn down for seconds and they are on it in no time! One of them likes to attack the yarn, while the other just likes to eat it!
Your bracelet is cool! Can't wait to see it finished.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! You were a fast learner with crochet. That bracelet will be lovely - that's a technique I haven't tried. :)

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Dani said...

I love organizing the stash, it makes me feel so productive. I love the colour of your hourglass!

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Oliver and Toby has done the same thing to my knitting. Remember all of that yarn that i had to wash a detangle from the pepsi incident? Well I put it in my knitting basket in my bedroom and woke up the next morning with half of it all over my floor. toby had pulled it out and attacked it. I don't know why he does that. he'll attack a skein of yarn even if it's not even moving! freak!

where did you learn to crochet a bracelet like that? I would really like to do that too. Looks very cool.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Your hourglass is going to be really nice - that is a great color. I haven't been around in a few days - your new yarn is gorgeous. A baby blanket in those DB colors is going to be so sweet. They are perfect and would work for a boy or a girl if it's shower gift. That crocheted bead bracelet is very cute too - I'll have to learn someday. :-)

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about your crocheted beaded rope! Who taught you how to do it? I'm thinking of doing that for the third week in my beading class. Can't wait to see the progress.

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Lovely stash. And that crochet beading looks interesting. I might just try it..:)

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hey dani soma got your sleeves, oh no thank goodness you caught her in time to limit damaga! i have been wanting a cat maybe should think it through more:) the crochet with beads looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home