Saturday, June 11, 2005

Yarn Crawl Success!

My yarn crawl with Amanda was a success! We actually only ended up going to a few stores, including A Good Yarn and my favorite, Black Sheep Knitting Company (don't worry, they are getting a website soon)! We even got a chance to stop at The Big Dipper for icecream and Not Your Average Joe's for a late lunch.

Now, as most of you can figure,I didn't NEED more yarn, but I (of course)found some new projects! The Debbie Bliss merino aran I couldn't resist because it was on sale for $4.50 a skein and I have been eyeing up this garter stitch baby blanket for a while. Then, I saw this beautiful light green sock yarn and just had to have it. Luckily I brought my latest IK editions with me and found a good excuse to buy :)! And last but not least, I have been looking for a shawl pattern that I could wear and make in time for a July 2nd wedding. I really liked the Paisley Shawl from spring IK, but wasn't thrilled with it. Then I saw this pattern below and thought that it was similar, but a bit more simple. The problem is that I don't have yarn for it and I am putting in, yet another, Knit Picks order for some more lace yarn. Do you think I have enough on my plate right now?!

In sadder news, I had to frog my Trekking socks, yet again, and am thinking about just putting that project and yarn away for a bit. I realized I dropped a stitch about an inch down (duh!)!!

Oh oh! And I forgot to tell you, Scott and I went to the Container Store this afternoon to buy a larger storage container for my yarn stash! I already have a large bin, but wanted something else that I can store away with leftovers or yarn I don't plan on using for awhile. Scott and I have both found recently, that my knitting seems to find its way into all rooms of the house (which is dangerous with kitties I might add)!




10 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ohhhhh. yummy debbie bliss yarns! 4.50 is a steal! i really like the sock yarn too. thanks for comenting on my blog about the kids they boys are feeling so much better this weekend.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did good! I'm glad you had a good day =)

And as always, LOVE your choices!

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I spy more green yarn getting in on the act here? You're getting as bad as me with my pink!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Very nice. I love organizing the stash, because it reminds me that I really don't need to buy more yarn!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl! good for you.

there are some nice yarn scores in that little haul.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

greta price on the Debbie BLiss. It would make a fantastic blanket and it's machine washable too. well done. I love organising my stash but I always get distracted and end up spending the day dreaming about my next project.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The DB merino aran is a nice yarn. I used it for Max's sweater a few months ago and it has help up really well. Sorry you had to frog the Trekking 100 yet again. I kitchenered up my sock on Saturday and then realized I had a hole about an inch down ... I dropped a stitch or two. That has never happened to me before on socks and I was not pleased to have to undo the kitchener and frog back to get those naughty little stitches. Glad you had a good crawl!

Kerstin

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day and some excellent finds. Love the shawl pattern! I like Black Sheep too -- really nice things in there.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some great finds! I love debbie bliss and always keep my eye out for sales. Can't pass up debbie bliss yarn on sale. I'm constantly watching ebay to see if I can get a really good deal. I know it's sad but when you don't have a job you need a deal and well you have the time to hunt for one too! =0)
I've been organizing my stash lately too. I guess it's a spring cleaning itch or something. Good luck with the shawl. It's just beautiful.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Ms. Lance-a-lot said...

Where is the shawl pattern from? I'm just starting to plan some shawls! I have several patterns, but really like this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home