Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Do Actually Knit

Yes, there has been a bit of knitting progress the past few days! I have managed to finish up three little preemie pumpkin hats for the Preemie Project and one bootie so far. For reference, the smallest hat is only 8.5 inches around and 4 inches high. The small bootie I made today is only 2 inches from heel to toe. I am hoping to do matching booties for all three sets before I send this out to Laura at the end of the month.

I've also been making good progress on the Lace Camisole and really want to finish that up in the next week or so as well. I am over halfway through the body and just don't want to bore you with blah pictures. :-)



What I did alot of the past few days is dye more yarn to restock the store. I have a bunch of custom orders that I am going to be working on the next week or two as well. But, I wanted to try out variegated hand-painting rather than striping since I am getting sick of hand-winding these long skeins.. and I just was curious to see how they came out! And behold, I have some beautiful new yarn to add to the store probably tomorrow and Friday (I need to let the yarn dry so I can take pictures), but, here are a few that are already finished.... The dusky light doesn't really do justice so I'll be taking more pictures when they are all finished.

9 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Gorgeous! You are a woman of hidden talents--and adorable pumpkin outfits!

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness those hats are adorable. And as for dusky pictures, I've been noticing that around here, too. Sun keeps setting sooner, and my blog pictures are suffering for it. Soon it'll be fall in Indiana and there won't be a sunny day for months. Sigh.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, hee. Those pumpkin things are way cute!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hats are adorable! The new yarn looks very gorg.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Those hats are so cute! Yarn looks lovely, too!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger erica said...

The hats are cute. Your yarns are gorgeous. I just stumbled onto your site and am in awe of your hand-dyed yarns. I'll definitely be adding you to my list. :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger The MacKay Way said...

Fun hats -- and LOVE the blues yarn!!! Cheers!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Such cute hats! And I love the new yarn colorways!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Love the pumpkin hats! What pattern did you use for the bootie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home