Monday, September 19, 2005

A Tag

"Hold my head, inside your hands. I need someone, who understands. I need someone, someone who cares, for you I've waited all these years. For you I'll wait, 'till kingdom come, until my days , my days are done. And say you'll come, and set me free, just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me." by Coldplay


I was tagged by Dani the other day.. so here it goes.

Ten Years Ago: It was the beginning of high school and I just remember not really knowing exactly who I was or who I wanted to be. Life seemed so dramatic back then between boys, school, friends and trying to find myself. I was growing, I was learning, I was studying music, I was training. I made Junior Nationals for USS swimming and all I wanted to do in life was be a sports doctor and train for the Iron Man.




Five Years Ago: It was my sophomore/junior year of college and after having dealt with alot of hard situations my freshman year, I finally discovered the person I wanted to be. Scott and I had been dating over a year and I remember just being so happy and loving the girls I was living with. I also spent a summmer in the Turks and Caicos which was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I knew after that that I would always have a career in the environmental field.






One Year Ago: I moved to Boston last summer with Scott to work as an Environmental Scientist for a consulting company. I was eager to start my career and live by some family. A bunch of my friends started getting married and had a great time traveling to all those weddings! We also adopted our kitties almost a year ago at this point! Kali and Soma have grown into the best kitties ever and we love them so much :)





Five Snacks: Fruit (love it, love it... any of it, all of it!); Home-made cookies (I bake way too much because of this addiction); Pretzels (especially the honey whole wheat kind); Starbucks latte's (tall nonfat extra-hot almond latte to be exact); tortilla chips and salsa.


Five Songs I know all the words to: Pretty much any song by Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Tom Petty, Van Halen, Patrick Fitzsimmons and Glen Phillips to name a few.


Five Things I would do with $100 Million: This is too much money for any single person to have, so I would give a bunch to charities and environmental organizations; make sure all my family was well taken care of; get rid of any debt and buy a house outside of Telluride, CO and have lots of horses; travel tons and volunteer all my time.


Five places to run away to: Turks and Caicos (but one of the "other" islands such as Grand Turk); New Zealand (speaks for itself); the Seychelles (is 1000 miles off the coast of Madagascar enough for you?); Fiji (I'll take that); and/or Bonaire (best scuba diving in the world and a totally environmentally friendly island).


Five Things I would never wear: Any shade of bright pink (not a fan of the color and it looks awful on me); one of the Abercrombie mini-skirts (I have a nice butt and legs, but these just scream look at me); a tube top (the broad shoulders just won't let this happen); a sequence dress (not in a million years); plain white cotton underwear (I hate cotton underwear, its just so uncomfortable to me).


Five Favorite shows: That 70's show is the only show I really watch, but you can always find us watching football, hockey, soccer or swimming.


Five Biggest Joys: Scott, Soma and Kali, my family and friends; beautiful scenery (love the mountains, the oceans and the forests); music; visiting home and traveling; making those around you smile.


Five Favorite Toys: My road bike, my violin, all my knitting gear, the computer and my hiking shoes.

3 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

What an eventful life so far!!!! you still have decades to go:) you and scott look cute in that pic... and i love your vacation photos...beautiful.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Very cool meme answers! Thank you for commenting on my blog too! Snowflake was fun to knit.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this -- so fun to read! And great pics. Didn't know that yo played the violin -- how neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home