Monday, October 31, 2005

And on the 7th Day... Yarn!

Today we made our way to the final destination, Missoula, MT. The women at the LYS in Whitefish recommended Joseph's Coat as a must visit yarn store in Missoula. So, on our way into town, we made a stop. They had an incredible selection of roving and Henry's Attic yarns, which was great for me! I walked away with a nice share of Periwinkle, an undyed, lofty wool that is very comparable to Colinette's Point Five. We'll have to see about that later :) I was also thrilled to see some blocking pins at this store, since I've been waiting to block the Chevron scarf! Scott thinks I am totally insane for blocking on the carpet in the hotel room... But, you all understand, right?! So, I'll post some pictures of that FO tomorrow!



And, over the weekend, I started another new project! This one is for Scott.. He LOVES this sweater since its so very him. He came into the store with me one day and picked out the color he wanted. We walked away with Manos in color G, a gorgeous coffee color. I am alternating skeins and am sooooo glad I decided to do that (thank you Johanna for talking me into it). I think this project will go quickly, so you'll see more progress soon....



So tomorrow, look forward to seeing the Chevron Scarf all finished as well as pictures from our trip to Mountain Colors! I am so excited, I can't even contain myself :)

5 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Sounds like you're having a great time on your vacation! BTW, got all my yarns that I ordered from you. I LOVE THEM ALL!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun knitting that sweater! I just finished one for my husband, and it took FOREVER.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to see how happy and excited you are!! Sounds like you're having a blast!!

And I too got my yarn I ordered from you. Got it Saturday actually. I LOVE it! The colors are perfect and the yarn is nice and soft! Now to figure out what to do with it :)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Wish my hubby would wear a sweater (he hates them, go figure, ah well, more for me!) Looking forward to seeing it finished!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the sign outside of that yarn store...love the look of that type of mittens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home