Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

As the ball was dropping on New Years, I was eating, drinking and, of course, knitting! I finished up my last holiday present just after middnight! This one is going to Bonnie, Scott's stepmom type figure who is just the sweetest woman. This sparkly, mohair yarn is just so perfect for her, so I made a small stole to go along with her petite frame. It's going in the mail on Tuesday and I hope she loves it! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season this year... I wish all of you a very happy, and heathly 2006!




Pattern: CO 50 sts size 17US needles. Knit the entire thing in stockinette stitch and BO.
Yarn: Karabella Gossamer yarn in black with silver.
Measurements: About 23" wide and 55" long.
Started: December 23, 2005
Finished: January 2, 2006
Other Details: This was a super easy knit, though very boring. It produced quick results though, which is nice around the holidays ;)

9 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Gorgeous! She's gonna love it...

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Happy New Year!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

The stole is beautiful, I like how you set it up against the light. So pretty.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Cat said...

The stole is great. I like it!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Lovely stole, very delicate. I'm sure the recipient will love it :-)

It's also given me an idea of what to do with some Adriafil Baroque, thanks!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Scoutj said...

Supah pretty!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! Happy New Year, Dani!

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a GORGEOUS shawl! What women wouldn't want to get that as a gift?!

Looks like you've been really busy. You have a ton of recently FO. That's great! I have that Sunshine Yarns is doing well. The yarn is really gorgeous. Best of luck with that!

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My LYS has this on display except in triangler shape. It is amazingly beautiful. I'm sure she will love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home