Tuesday, December 13, 2005

There Are Wizards In My Tub

Yesterday I was on some official Hogwarts business! I finally decided to go nuts and dye up some variegated skeins for each of the four houses. And what do you get?! A shower that looks like this:



And which is my favorite colorway? I have to say.. its Slytherin. I just love how the colors came out! These would just be the most perfect grumpy day socks :) All of these are going to posted either tonight or tomorrow at Sunshine Yarns so stop by and see if there are any you like. Remember, these are all variegated skeins.

And, yes, more knitting. I knit up this little bag yesterday to put the Go With the Flow socks in to create a nice little giftie. You can never make enough of these.. This is my third one!



Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Silk in Natural
Measurements: About 7" tall and 6" wide (the small size)
Started: December 12, 2005
Finished: December 12, 2005
Other Details: Love the yarn! I have used it many times before, and just can't get enough. The only part of the pattern I changed was the drawstring. I knit it using with US 4 dpn's rather than US 6 dpn's.. only because I couldn't find my size 6's!

6 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just looks like too much fun. :) I can't wait to see how they turned out on Knitting Sunshine!

Jackie

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

i agree: the slytherin colorway is beautiful! the colors look well together wound up in a skein, too. fantastic!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger claudia said...

That is one extremely colorful shower.

;-)

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree, what a pretty shower you have now ;) and yeah, the slytherin does look very excellent. ahh, all that dyeing is gorgeous fun, go you.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

WOW, the bathtub scene is great =) I love the little bag, too, I've been meaning to do some of those, but haven't - too many ideas and only 2 hands - I bet you know that feeling. I divided the Rock Creek to get ready for starting my next sox, but I'm using it as a lure to getting about 2 or 3 other projects done, so I haven't started it yet. It's just wrong that I have to TRICK myself into doing things =)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger alison said...

Love the Hogwarts tub!

All your knitted gifts are so lovely. (Are you all done with all your gifts?? I want to give you your gold star over at the knitalong! :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home