Saturday, December 31, 2005

Reflections

Like Stephanie, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and reflect on the past year as I have only a few hours left before the New Year strikes. As I look back, I realize that I have taken some major strides in knitting in addition to the rest of my life.

Top 5 for 2005

1. New Technique: My favorite new knitting technique is being able to knit socks. I love them and there is just something so satisfying and comfortable about wearing a pair that was hand-made. Overall though, I have to say that dyeing is what I am the most proud of. I didn't start dyeing until July and think that it is a wonderful art that every knitter should try.

2. Favorite Finished Object: My favorite finished object is the Wave Skirt. I love it and wear it tons. In terms of something I have gifted, it would have to be the Birthday Bouquet I sent to my mom. I love the fact that you can make almost real looking flowers out of two sticks and string :)

3. Favorite Knit Along: I haven't done many KAL's, but I would have to say that the Hourglass KAL was great since it was my first sweater.

4. Favorite Shop: I love A Good Yarn in Brookline Village and Black Sheep Knitting in Needham, MA. Between the two, you can find almost any yarn your heart desires!

5. Favorite Tool: My niddy noddy. There is nothing like being able to make a perfect skein out of some newly dyed yarn.


Resolutions for 2006

1. More For Me: More garments for myself! I find that I knit way too much for others which leads to more simple projects. I would like to do at least five or six sweaters and lots of socks :)

2. Fair Isle: I haven't really done any fair isle and would love to do a nice sweater and/or some nice socks.

3. Spread More Color: Each time I dye, I learn so much more about color and technique. I hope to continue to expand Sunshine Yarns while still having fun with it all!

4. Baby Knits: I've never knit any baby sweaters and think that it is time to start building up some stock for future babies. I guess it's better to do it this way than to wait until the last minute!

5. Crochet: I don't really care for the "look" of crochet, but think that it has its purpose. So, I am going to try one simple crochet project this year.. maybe a nice bag?!

So, what are your goals for 2006, and what are you most proud of from 2005?

6 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Just a warning, Fair Isle can be addictive. After a 10 year break from knitting, I started my 2nd FI in June and now I'm on my 5th.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dani. With all that talent, 2006 is sure to be an even more productive exciting year for you (and Sunshine Yarns!) And seriously, if *I* can handle a baby sweater, you can with your EYES CLOSED!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Phoebe said...

Happy New Year Dani! Just wanted to let you know I finished one Gryffindor sock for my son for his b-day and I love your yarn! I was working on it at my LYS and everyone fell in love with Sunshine! FI is on my list for 2006 too!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dani,
I hope 2006 brings you everything you wish for. I followed your lead and did my own resolutions and top 5 of 2005 on my blog. I'm looking forward to seeing more FOs from you.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Happy New Year! I cn't believe you've only been dyeing for a few months when you have such beautiful yarns and a great eye for color. I think that fair isle could open new doors for you since you like the dyeing so much. It's a great way to experiment with colors and designs.

Good luck in the upcoming year. Seeing your list of FOs, I think you definitely deserve to knit some more for yourself.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 2006, dani!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home