Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 Gallery


Pattern: CO 50 sts size 17US needles. Knit the entire thing in stockinette stitch and BO.
Yarn: Karabella Gossamer yarn in black with silver.
Measurements: About 23" wide and 55" long.
Started: December 23, 2005
Finished: January 2, 2006
Other Details: This was a super easy knit, though very boring. It produced quick results though, which is nice around the holidays ;)
Blog Entry: Happy 2006!





Pattern: Wrist warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Noro Cash Iroha in #81, #22 and #55.
Measurements: About 6.5" around and 6.5"
Started: October 25, 2005
Finished: January 3, 2006
Other Details: These are super cute.... and quick! You could probably knit a pair in about three hours. I used a US 6, 40" circular needle and did the Magic Loop Method for all three pairs. If (I should say when) I make a pair for myself, I might go with two skeins of yarn and add on another repeat so they cover more of my arm.
Blog Entry: No Cold Wrists Here




Pattern: The Winter Sock from the Magic Loop Pamphlet
Yarn: ArtYarns Supermerino #131
Measurements: Made to fit a man's US 10.5, wide foot
Started: January 3, 2006
Finished: January 14, 2006
Other Details: I knit these using the Magic Loop Method on size US 5 needles. They were super quick!
Blog Entry: The Real Grouch




Pattern: The Winter Sock from the Magic Loop Pamphlet
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in the Amazon worsted colorway
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US 8.5
Started: January 14, 2006
Finished: January 15, 2006
Other Details: I knit these using the Magic Loop Method on size US 5 needles. I did a 7" leg and 7" before the toe decrease. I had about 5 yards of yarn leftover, which cut it pretty close!
Blog Entry: More Sock Love




Pattern: Misti Alpaca Chunky Diagonal Rib Knit Scarf
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Chunky in color #1321, denim
Measurements: About 5.5" wide and 80" long
Started: January 2, 2006
Finished: January 7, 2006
Other Details: I knit this on US10.5 rather than US11's since it came out to loose on 11's. It does stretch out very easily, so make it wider than what you really want in the end.
Blog Entry: More Sock Love




Pattern: Plain ol' garter stitch with some fringe
Yarn: Touch Me in forest green
Measurements: Approximately 60" long with 7.5" fringe
Started: December 24, 2005
Finished: January 30, 2006
Other Details: Its a chenille, so I knit this on US7 needles to prevent worming.




Pattern: Plain ol' garter stitch with some fringe on US35 needles
Yarn: Blue Sky Bulky in color #1017
Measurements: Approximately 75" long with 7.5" fringe
Started: February 6, 2006
Finished: February 6, 2006
Other Details: Knit on size US35 needles, this took about an hour to knit! I needed a quick fix project for a friend who was having a bad day. I added in some Kidsilk Haze in Meadow to the fringe to give it a little something!
Blog Entry: Go Green




Pattern: Child's Placket Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Koigu Kersti in color #416
Measurements: Made to fit a 6 - 12 month old baby
Started: February 10, 2006
Finished: February 12, 2006
Other Details: I didn't change anything except the needle size in this pattern since it was my first baby sweater. I used a US6 instead of a US7 since that was what I had on hand. I tried really hard to knit a bit more loose and got gauge on the US6. I love the raglan sleeves and the seed stitch border. It needed a good block, but once it was dry, it looked fantastic!
Blog Entry: One Blizzard = One Baby Sweater




Pattern: Legwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Uruguay DK #08 and Kidsilk Haze #592.
Measurements: 21" long
Started: January 9, 2006
Finished: February 20, 2006
Other Details: I used a dk weight yarn instead of worsted. Therefore, I went down to a US7 instead of a US8. I also cast on less stitches since I have little legs (42 rather than 46). Lastly, I didn't make these the full length since I though 20" was plenty!
Blog Entry: Warm Me Up




Pattern: Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
Yarn: Aurora 8 in the perfect shade of grass green (#716)
Measurements: 4.75" wide and 78" long after blocking
Started: January 20, 2006
Finished: March 6, 2006
Other Details: I didn't change anything in this pattern! The length is perfect and I absolutely love the edging. I am not so crazy about the seaming situation in the center, but I reblocked that section after I put it together and it helped tons!
Blog Entry: Ready For Spring



Pattern: A basic mitten pattern by Theresa Gaffrey
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in black
Measurements: Made to fit an average women's hand
Started: March 3, 2006
Finished: March 10, 2006
Other Details: I knit these down on US 4 and US 6 and added in some stitches to make up for it! I was left with a nice tighly knit mitten that will be great for those super cold days :)




Pattern: Jaywalker Socks by Kathy and published online at Magknits
Yarn: Regia mini-ringel #5343
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9. I did the smaller size but wish I did the bigger one since they are a bit tight :)
Started: January 31, 2006
Finished: March 28, 2006
Other Details: I magic looped it once again and love how these came out. Even though it was extra work cutting out the stripes for the heel and toe, I am happy I did because I think they look amazing with the solid sections. I also added an extra inch to the leg and, coincidentally, almost ran out of yarn (I had only a few inches left of gray for kitchener!)
Blog Entry: 1 Year Later




Pattern: Just a basic ribbed sock.
Yarn: Artyarns Supermerino #143
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9.
Started: March 24, 2006
Finished: April 2, 2006
Other Details: I did the magic loop method on a US5. I cast on 44 sts to start for those that are interested :) Two skeins is just enough yarn to make a 7" leg.
Blog Entry: A Little Bit of Knitting




Pattern: Embossed Leaves from Winter IK 2005
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Raspberry Limeade
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US10.
Started: April 5, 2006
Finished: May 1, 2006
Other Details: I magic looped it once again and love how these came out. I don't think I changed anything about the pattern. I used a slightly heavier yarn (a super heavy fingering weight/light sport weight and US2 needles).
Blog Entry: Sockapaloooza Finis!




Pattern: Just a basic sock with a short row heel and toe. I used Alison's yo tutorial over at the Blue Blog.
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Ireland
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9. I knit these on an Inox US2 (which is really like a US1.5) and did the magic loop method.
Started: May 1, 2006
Finished: May 14, 2006
Other Details: I grafted the toe on the bottom and cast on 68 instead of my 64. Didn't need to do that, but they still fit fine!
Blog Entry: Bring On The Green




Pattern: Kiko Top with Tie by Karabella Yarns
Yarn: Kiko in color #36913
Measurements: Women's medium with a 35" finished chest measurement
Started: April 14, 2006
Finished: June 7, 2006
Other Details: This yarn was probably the hardest thing I've knit with, but it has a nice texture and feel overall. Would I have made this for myself? Not in a million years. Too much texture for too large a chest.
Blog Entry: Kinky Kinko




Pattern: Airplane sweater from Mandarin Betit book 407
Yarn: Mandarin Petit in color #5930, #4218, #6073, #1002 and other leftovers
Measurements: I made this in a 2 year old size, because a 2 year old would be psyched to have an airplane on their sweater.
Started: March 7, 2006
Finished: June 12, 2006
Other Details: Loved the yarn, though it shows EVERYTHING! I don't think I did the best finishing job ever, but I am happy with it overall :)
Blog Entry: Fly Away




Pattern: Cap Sleeve Top from the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk Book
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in color #011
Measurements: Actual measurement is around 37.5 - 38" around. Its hard to tell with this hard since it drapes so much. About an inch of extra give in this one, but it works.
Started: June 12, 2006
Finished: July 6, 2006
Other Details: See the post for this one :)
Blog Entry: Cap It Off




Pattern: Cashmere Cable and Seed Hat
Yarn: 1 skein Cape Cod Fibers Cashmere 6 Ply
Measurements: Made to fit an average baby to toddler
Started: August 7, 2006
Finished: August 9, 2006
Other Details: Cutest thing EVER! Will be making more of these in the near future!
Blog Entry: Sweetest Thing




Pattern: Turbulence U-Neck Pullover from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Berroco Softwist #9416
Measurements: I made the 36"(the "petite")size
Started: July 21, 2006
Finished: August 8, 2006
Other Details: See post for this one!
Blog Entry: I Love Turbulence




Pattern: Corner to Corner Blanket from Knit Baby Blankets!
Yarn: Rowan Soft Baby #008
Measurements: Makes about a 30" square (mine was 32 from corner to corner)
Started: August 11, 2006
Finished: August 17, 2006
Other Details: I used just about 4 balls for this blanket, which is a rather low cost project (around $28). Downside... its not superwash and easily felts.
Blog Entry: My New Love




Pattern: Creatures of the Reef Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Blueberry
Measurements: I blocked it to 72" tip to tip and 36" long
Started: June 23, 2006
Finished: August 24, 2006
Other Details: This was one of my favorite projects to knit! Almost every row was different so it kept me modivated. I think I'll be ordering another shawl project from Fiddlesticks Knitting soon!
Blog Entry: Bad And Good Me





Pattern: Falling Leaves pattern from Knitty.com
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Shamrock
Measurements: Made to fit a women's 8.5
Started: May 20, 2006
Finished: August 29, 2006
Other Details: The pattern got really boring after a while, but it is really beautiful! I love how my yarn knit up and thought that this colorway was so perfect for the pattern and the trip to Ireland :)
Blog Entry: Falling Leaves




Pattern: Baby Bolero from One Skein
Yarn: Blue Sky Organic Cotton in color #80 natural
Measurements: Newborn
Started: September 8, 2006
Finished: September 9, 2006
Other Details: Super cute and quick! Will definitely be making more of these in the future :)
Blog Entry: This And That




Pattern: Sirdar #1674
Yarn: Instead of Snuggly DK, I used Rowan Cashsoft DK in #517, #510 and two others I lost the labels for :)
Measurements: 9-12 month size
Started: August 25, 2006
Finished: September 10, 2006
Other Details: Super fun knit, if you don't mind weaving in all those ends.. I started out knitting it in pieces and wish I had just done the two fronts and the back together.. owell :)
Blog Entry: Too Cute




Pattern: Just a basic toe-up sock with a short row heel and toe
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in the Paradise colorway
Measurements: Made to fit my foot (US 8.5)! I did an 11" leg and still have enough yarn left over for some baby socks :)
Started: August 28, 2006
Finished: September 21, 2006
Other Details: Knit on a 2.5mm with 62 stitches
Blog Entry: Take Me To Paradise




Pattern: Just a basic top down sock with a twisted rib cuff and a short row heel and toe
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in a custom dyed Ohio state colorway!
Measurements: Made to fit a men's US11 double E foot.
Started: September 18, 2006
Finished: September 28, 2006
Other Details: Knit on a 2.5mm with 70 sts for the leg and 74 for the foot. I also wanted to see how far a 450 yard ball of Sunshine Yarns will go (I knew I had 25 repeats to play with). I managed to do an 11" or so leg and had about 20 yards leftover.
Blog Entry: Two For The Team




Pattern: Cashmere Cable and Seed Hat
Yarn: 1 skein Cape Cod Fibers Cashmere 6 Ply, or 1 skein Mongolian Cashmere 6 Ply
Measurements: Made to fit an average baby to toddler
Started: August 7, 2006
Finished: October 3, 2006
Other Details: See post!
Blog Entry: Multiplying




Pattern: Hedera from Knitty.com
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in the Cornflower NSS colorway
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US8.5
Started: October 5, 2006
Finished: October 23, 2006
Other Details: Knit these on a 2.5mm using the magic loop method. I really enjoyed this lace pattern and found it alot less boring than similar patterns. I will definitely be making another pair of these for myself in the future.
Blog Entry: Good Times




Pattern: Blue Sky Alpaca Royal Baby Set
Yarn: Blue Sky Royal Alpaca in pale pink
Measurements: 0-3 month size
Started: October 7, 2006
Finished: October 24, 2006
Other Details: This was a super cute 1 skein project, but I had enough yarn leftover to knit it a bit tighter. Its knit really loosly on US5's but could have been written on US4's for a better overall look :)
Blog Entry: Royal Baby




Pattern: Men's Zipped Raglan from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay in #G (coffee)
Measurements: 42" chest, Medium
Started: October 28, 2005
Finished: October 28, 2006
Other Details: This project was a good knit overall. There were a few major mistakes in the pattern, and the zipper was a pain, but it was fine overall. You really can't pass up on the Manos, its just so beautiful in the rib!
Blog Entry: Last Minute=One Year




Pattern: Bob from Rowan Babies
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton in various colorways
Measurements: 6-12 month size
Started: October 27, 2006
Finished: November 8, 2006
Other Details: This project was fun to knit and should definitely be knit in the round due to all the ends. I was crazy and did it in two pieces. I love the fact that its knit in a heavier cotton.. it really makes it a year round vest!
Blog Entry: Monkey See, Monkey Do




Pattern: Frog Raglan Pullover and Socks from Dale of Norway Baby Designs Number 164
Yarn: Baby Ull in various colors
Measurements: 3-6 month size
Started: October 22, 2006
Finished: November 11, 2006
Other Details: This project was a blast! All the details were done at the end, but for some reason I just really enjoyed it! Maybe because I knew it was being knit for a very special baby :)
Blog Entry: Froggy




Pattern: Shedir from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in a pale blue
Measurements: To fit a woman's head
Started: November 15, 2006
Finished: November 20, 2006
Other Details: I loved all the pretty little cables and will be knitting this again in the future for sure.
Blog Entry: The Important Things




A hat I knit for my dad out of Royal Tweed yarn on US9 needles.
Blog Entry: Gifty Goods




Pattern: Cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Silk in natural
Measurements: About 13" long and 20" wide
Started: November 28, 2006
Finished: December 6, 2006
Other Details: This was another nice easy knit, but will make a fabulous holiday present :)
Blog Entry: Who Needs Tupperware




Pattern: Felted Bowls from the One Skein book
Yarn: Some Lamb's Pride Bulky and Ellae Rae Classic (the Ellae was doubled)
Measurements: I made the large and small bowl size and then made two that were smaller.
Started: November 27, 2006
Finished: December 8, 2006
Other Details: See post!
Blog Entry: Who Needs Tupperware




Pattern: Lucy in the Sky Cardigan by Cosmicpluto Knits
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran #13 (10 balls was all I needed!)
Measurements: As per the patterns recommendations, I knit a size smaller than I normally would. I knit the 35" chest to fit a 37" chest.
Started: September 23, 2006
Finished: December 12, 2006
Other Details: I added some length to the body and to the arms, but other than that, I changed nothing! Since there is no waist shaping, I highly recommend knitting down a size for a flattering fit.
Blog Entry: Lucy In The Sky




Pattern: Just a basic garter stitch scarf knit the long way.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky in colors 25, 15, and 22
Measurements: 6" wide and around 75" long.
Started: December 28, 2006
Finished: December 30, 2006
Other Details: CO 205 sts on a US11. Knit every row and change colors when desired!
Blog Entry: Quick Fix

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of knitting! Everything is so beautiful, nice job!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home