Monday, March 06, 2006

Ready For Spring

I first want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes last week! It really meant alot to me to have all my knitterly friends along for the ride :) So, thanks...

And, even though this last week has been crazy, I've managed to finish up a few things. I decided I had too much going on in my knitting basket, so nothing new until I completed some projects! First off, Backyard Leaves is DONE!!! This was a wonderful scarf to knit and I highly recommned it to anyone who has not used a chart pattern before. I see lots of people trying to start with massive shawls and mohair, and believe it just leads to problems most of the time. The great thing about this pattern is that is uses a smooth worsted weight yarn.. Aurora 8. I have to admit, this is my first time using Aurora 8, and I loved it! It shows the pattern so well and blocked out beautifully. I think my favorite thing about the yarn though was the color.. it is just the most amazing grass green ever. And when you have leaves, and spring coming along, how can you not choose green?!

My only issue with this pattern is when you have to seam the two identical pieces together after you block. My first cast on edge was a bit tighter than the second, and so it didn't look great. I reblocked the seamed area again, and it worked like magic...

Here are some pictures in the morning light:



And some on the hardwood:



Pattern: Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
Yarn: Aurora 8 in the perfect shade of grass green (#716)
Measurements: 4.75" wide and 78" long after blocking
Started: January 20, 2006
Finished: March 6, 2006
Other Details: I didn't change anything in this pattern! The length is perfect and I absolutely love the edging. I am not so crazy about the seaming situation in the center, but I reblocked that section after I put it together and it helped tons!

Next up??? The zipper on Scott's cardigan.

8 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! What a great job you did. :)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Beautiful scarf! I am using that yarn in a royal blue for a hat for my youngest son. I am in love with it too. It's just so soft!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Um... aren't I finishing the zipper on Scott's cardigan? I don't know that you can take the credit on that one! ;-) Of course, it does get it out of YOUR basket, not MINE!

Beautiful leaves by the way. Aurora 8 is great yarn.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

How lovely!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Beth S. said...

What a beautiful scarf! And in such a splendid color!

Do you think it could be done with a provisional cast-on, picking up the cast-on row to knit the second half?

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Elizzabetty said...

What a gorgeous scarf! I think I may have to put that on my to-do list. Simply beautiful!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Norah said...

Lovely! I've got my Aurora 8 and have been stalling on starting the pattern, but you've inspired me to start sooner rather than later--what a perfect scarf for spring!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh dani that scarf is beautiful! good job, bravo! i would have not been as patient like you were if i ran into that that join problem :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home