Friday, July 07, 2006

Cap It Off

Sorry. I'm having problems smiling this morning apparently! The Cap Sleeve Top is done and I'm on my way to work :) Its about an inch wider and longer than I wanted it to be, but it grew (silk is heavy and it drapes like mad). Its very luxurious and beauitful nevertheless and it will get plenty of good wear on nice occassions.

See, no smile.




Still, no smile.



Okay, Kali cheered me up!



Project specs:
Pattern: Cap Sleeve Top from the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk Book
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in color #011
Measurements: Actual measurement is around 37.5 - 38" around. Its hard to tell with this hard since it drapes so much. About an inch of extra give in this one, but it works.
Started: June 12, 2006
Finished: July 6, 2006
Other Details: Love the patterns out of this book as well as the yarn. Beware though, some of the sizings in this book are wrong. For this top, I should have made the third size. But, after looking at the schematic and redooing the math, it was apparent that DB editors don't double check their math. So, be careful! Also, I would recommending making everything to fit your actual chest size rather than giving the normal 1 -2" give. My chest size is 37" and I should have knit this for a 36-37" rather than a 37-38". The only thing I changed was the back. I did a st st back rather than the lace panel. This made it a bit bigger (since there were no cables and lace), but my front was about an inch smaller and so it evened itself out in the end size wise.

In other news, one if my closest friends father's passed away a couple of days ago. Scott and I can't attend the funeral, but we are sending lots of warm thoughts out to Traci and her family. We love you!

12 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top looks great (and so does your necklace!) But, I can relate -- it's so tricky to get the fit *just* right.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger spajonas said...

cute top! i love the color. there are so many great colors in that pure silk line. it would be hard to choose just one :)

thanks for the tips on the book! it's on my list of books to buy so i'll have to keep that in mind.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Even if you aren't smiling, the top is still fabulous on you! I can't even imagine how wonderful it feels.

Sorry to hear about your friend's father...

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Acornbud said...

Beautiful! The silk looks so luxurious. I bet it feels better then a million dollars.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Very very nice! I hope you absolutely love it!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, it's finished and it looks fabulous on you! Love that color :)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

The cap sleeve top looks awesome! I keep seeing great patterns from this book. I'll have to stop by the shop and pick up a copy sometime soon, although I do have a few projects to finish up first.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh dani it is beautiful! are you afraid to sweat in it? ;)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I love it! I'm so happy that you made mention about how the sizing is off and the fabric drapes. I have the book and the yarn for it waiting for me to get caught up on some other projects first.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger raquel said...

great top!!! i was trying to get a closeup view of the work...but no luck! i recognize the necklace!!! a little bit of sunshine from bibbidibaubles??? ;)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Very cute - I love the color!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger taz said...

Thanks for the math warning - I just picked the book up, and am eyeing this pattern. It looks great on you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home