Monday, January 15, 2007

Little White Lie

So, I really have been very busy these past few weeks.. but, not busy enough to keep the needles away! Behold, completed surprise project #1. You'll have to go check out Alison's blog for more information on the special occassion. But, here it is, The Babykid Ruffles Shawl:




And, a blocking picture just so you can see what it really looks like...



Pattern: Babykid Shawl by Lana Grossa
Yarn: 6 balls Lana Grossa Babykid in pale pink
Measurements: Approx. 25" by 60", excluding ruffle
Started: December 3, 2006
Finished: January 8, 2007
Other Details: This was a nice project and I loved making the ruffles believe it or not! This project is knit on a US9 FYI.

Here is completed surprise project #2. Yes, its a monkey! This is the only picture I took of Lola (I had to name it, right?!), before it was gifted, so it will have to make do...



Pattern: Cheeky Monkey from Zoe Moeller's Knitted Toys
Yarn: Cascade 220 SW in #808 and #831, Rowan Cashsoft DK in a pale champagne pink color, Dale Baby Ull (used doubled) in white, Black felt
Measurements: This is a huge ass monkey! I didn't measure it before I gave it away, but it definitely came out a bigger than the pattern measurements. I used a US3 rather than a US2.
Started: December 25, 2006
Finished: January 13, 2007
Other Details: This was super fun to knit and came out so cute in the end. There was alot of face shaping that was easliy noticed with the peachy pink colored yarn I used, but its just too cute to care! I am so done knitting with pink and red for a while!

12 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger lisa b said...

i took lots of pictures of lola...so no worries. that monkey will surely be loved. thanks so much for all your help on saturday and for making the day so special for our special friend...xoxo

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your ruffled shawl. I have not seen that pattern so I will have to go looking for it.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I totally love the monkey! And the shawl is really pretty too.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Both projects are fabulous! The ruffle on the shawl really gives it that extra umph!
and I LOVE that colorway that you did for Alison! Very pretty.....

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl looks dreamy - so light & fluffy! And that monkey is SO cool! Way to go!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a generous friend! Both gifts are fabulous!

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy!! the shawl is gorgeous!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is gorgeous but I really love the monkey the most. She's adorable!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger alison said...

I love, love, love them Dani! It's so funny to think that you were making parts of the monkey (and the booties) right in front of me. The monkey is totally cool (I already loved that pattern and the colors you picked out are perfect). And the shawl is sooo beautiful - I can't wait to wrap up me and baby in it. Thank you so much!

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that monkey is adorable!!!! Imagine how big it would be with chunky needles and chunky yarn...ooh, I should try that.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The monkey is adorable! As a new blogger, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. I'm curious to know how you add the buttons that act as links for the knit-a-longs that you are doing. Also, how do you post the percentage bars for your WIPs? Let me know if you have a chance. Thanks in advance.

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the monkey!! I may even dream about him tonight. He's so cute! (Yes, I'm talking about the pink one, though now that I look again the other monkey's kinda cute too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home