Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who Needs Tupperware

These things are addictive. You can't make just one...




I made three sets of bowls so far (I was going to try to make 6 sets) for the holidays. I found that 3 different colors of Lamb's Pride bulky could get 8 bowls of various sizes. You have to just switch around the colors and sizes for each set! These were fun and Scott was able to help out a bit. We have one more set in progress, but then I might be skipping out on the last 2 sets since I overdosed myself I think :)

Pattern: Felted Bowls from the One Skein book
Yarn: Some Lamb's Pride Bulky and Ellae Rae Classic (the Ellae was doubled)
Measurements: I made the large and small bowl size and then made two that were smaller.
Started: November 27, 2006
Finished: December 8, 2006
Other Details: I didn't knit the largest bowl as tall as it was supposed to be (I knit to a touch over 8" rather than 9.5"). These were fun and quick and I highly recommend doing sets! Follow the instructions for the largest bowl (CO 55 sts), the smaller bowl (45 sts) and then do one with 35 sts and one with 25sts. Just make sure you adjust the height too as you go along :) In terms of felting.. make sure you shape these on bowls where the fit is snug. I found that if the felted bowl sat on there tightly, the end product came out way more stiff!

I also knit a quick little something out of some leftover Blue Sky Alpaca Silk. I made this cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts! Its soooo soft!



Pattern: Cowl from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Silk in natural
Measurements: About 13" long and 20" wide
Started: November 28, 2006
Finished: December 6, 2006
Other Details: This was another nice easy knit, but will make a fabulous holiday present :)

5 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting about those dang bowls! What a great gift.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Acornbud said...

What great projects!

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like those felted bowls! You chose nice color combos.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these! They're so danged cute!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those bowls are on my must knit list! I love yours! They will be great gifts if you can part with them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home