Wednesday, April 02, 2008

At Last

Finally, some loveable knits I started way back when...





Pattern: Teddy Bear from Simply Baby, by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in #102
Needles: Addi circulars US3
Measurements: He's about 14" long
Started: February 8, 2008
Finished: March 22, 2008
Other Details: This teddy is knit in lots of pieces! The seaming was fun, but getting the arms and legs on there "evenly" was the big challenge. The only change I made was to just embroider on the eyes and nose rather than use felted pieces.

After seeing this on Susan's blog, I just knew I had to make one. Lucky for me, I had the two neutral colors already in my leftover bin. Picking out the other colors at my LYS was so much fun!




Pattern: Giacomo's Baby Hat from The Purl Bee
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Sportweight Alpaca in #004 light tan, #500 natural, and #307 Turqoise. For the darker Teal I used Frog Tree Alpaca Sportweight color #63
Needles: Addi 16" circulars US4 and US5
Measurements: 15" circumference, unstretched
Started: March 18, 2008
Finished: March 22, 2008
Other Details: I don't think my fair-isle came out all too well with the alpaca - each time I put it down my stranding changed slightly. I have so much of the blues to make more hats, yipee!

One more cute picture for today-

11 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

OMG your bear is so cute you did a wonderful job on it your hat came out good as well

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful knits (as usual)! Any tips on how you make such wonderful pom poms? Mine never look as nice as yours.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Cutest post ever! I love me some Debbie Bliss. Her old toy books are the absolute best and the simply baby book is simply excellent.

Isn't that hat a fun little knit? I love the blue shades you picked. Good work. I am glad your tooth removal went fine.
susan

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Bertha said...

Oh man, both of those are adorable! I especially love the hat! I'd wear it myself!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Teddy is too cute! i just love making toys! And don't you just love Susan's designs?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

i'm in love with that teddy bear! so cute!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, the teddy bear is sooooooooooooo adorable!! :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the colors you used for the hat. It's adorable.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Oh the teddy is just adorable. I really should make some for gifts too. The hat looks great, and the colors work well together too.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

So sweet and adorable! I just love his hat! :)

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!! I love them both. The colors for the hat you picked out are gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home