Saturday, April 23, 2005

My Journey with Koigu Ends

Despite my felting fiasco with my other almost done project, I managed to finish this drop stitch scarf made with Koigu's Painter's Palette yarn. I think this is one of my favorite yarns ever... it is so easy to work with, is super beautiful, soft and vibrant... you can make socks, a scarf, a shawl and almost anything else with this wonder of wonders!

The finished dimensions are 5.5 inches wide and 52 inches long without blocking. I haven't decided if I want or should block this. Has anyone had experience blocking this yarn and do you think its needed? Either way, I think this is going to be a lovely Mother's Day present. Mom, if you read this sorry to blow it for you!

Also, check out my new lovely herb garden on my front porch! I planted some parsley, basil and tarragon along with a few pansies last weekend and they are sure enjoying the rain today in Boston!


5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dani, it came out AWESOME! I have got to get my hands on some of the Koigu (WHEN i will get to it is another story LOL)

Nice job on the herbs - I have such a black thumb I won't even try anymore.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just added you to my read list on my blog. Your needle cases came out nice. I was given loads of really nice fabric and I think I will make some for me my daughter and my sisters. I put an old wooden tool box in my garden this week, it was given to me by my sister and since I was planning on getting some more herbs I think it would look cute with them inside, your herb garden gave me the idea, thanks I have 2 problems solved with one fix now. Great Blog I 'll be back. Tink

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color! Personally, I wouldn't block it. It looks just fine as is. Then again, I seldom block anything so you probably shouldn't take my word for it. Hehehe

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't block. It looks good. Koigu is a dream to work with... The colors are amazing.

- MJ

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the help with the four needle sock knitting. The gapping was driving me nuts, then again I always go nuts while learning something new :) Thanks again, I'll be back soon to see whats new. Tink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home