Friday, October 14, 2005

Birthday Bouquet

Happy Birthday Mom! Well, it was actually yesterday, but I didn't want to post until she received her present in the mail. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, even though it was on Yom Kippur...

And, you are wondering what it was that I sent her?! Well, rather than sending some real flowers, I decided to knit them this year. How cool are these?! I love them and am going to be making lots more of these in the future, not to mention that I am already planning on making one of each for the store. This bouquet has tulips, daffodils and calla lillies and all the patterns are by Pick Up Sticks. I was also going to do some Iris's but they come out much larger than these flowers and I didn't want them to look out of place. So, even though its fall in Boston, here are some flowers on my front porch...




And some closeups...



I know I promised to show a few new projects, but that will just have to wait until the weekend... Happy Friday everyone!

22 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Beautiful! I'm sure your Mom will enjoy this year-round.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I love these! Very realistic. I think my favorite may be the calla lily.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Thea said...

the bouquet turned out great!
Love those calas as well...

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I may have to do some myself! And happy bday to your Mom too!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! Happy birthday "mom"!!! I am sure she loves her bouquet. :)

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love those flower patterns. They look great, tell your mom happy birthday!

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those. Must pick up the patterns!! Happy Birthday to your Mom.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! I'll be looking for those patterns.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

so cool!!!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so pretty! what a great idea for a gift ;)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

oops, try again, love your flowers very unique

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm really impressed, they are so beautiful !!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those look fabulous! I actually just bought the daisy/sunflower & tulip pattern and one of my best friends bought the iris and daffodil? So we can share! Now I want to make them today! Wouldn't it be cool if they had a pattern for fall leaves?

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Dani and all your well-wisher bloggers, Well, I'm the lucky mom who was the recipient of those GORGEOUS flowers!!!! What a great birthday gift to come home to after being in synagogue all day for Yom Kippur. I feel like the" luckiest mom in the world" to have such a talented and beautiful daughter!. Thank you so much for the flowers and the wonderful quilt book!!( also thank you bloggers for your birthday wishes) Love MOM

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

How gorgeous and what a great idea! Wool flowers in fall/winter sounds like the perfect gift to me. That little hat from yesterday is sweet too...love the colors.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers! Happy Birthday to your Mom.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

they look soooo great! what a perfect idea for a gift, your mom will cherish them!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are beautiful! Hope your mom had a great birthday!

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those turned out just beautiful! So glad your mom enjoyed them and she is so right about you being very talented!!!!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

loooooove the flowers and your yarns are beautiful! such nice work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home