Monday, November 14, 2005

Some Quickies

Over the last few days, I have managed to get alot of knitting done even while working at the store! Since I was feeling overwhelmed by all the holiday knitting I am behind on, I figured a few quick projects would cure that right up! So, on Friday night while watching Batman Begins, I knit this chunky scarf using Rowan chunky print yarn. It knit up in under 2 hours on size 17 needles, which is so not me since I love tiny needles and tiny yarn. However, I must say that I felt much better afterwards.





Pattern: Just a garter stitch scarf with a slip stitch edge on size 17 needles
Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print
Measurements: 6 inches wide and 52 inches long
Started: November 11, 2005
Finished: November 11, 2005

On Friday and Saturday morning, I knit up this cute little hat for the store using Koigu's Kersti that arrived on Thursday. These pictures just don't do it justice, but you get the idea. The variegated colorways are great, and perfect for baby and childrens knits.




Pattern: A basic hat, no real pattern. I cast on 76 sts on size 6 needles.
Yarn: Koigu Kersti
Measurements: 14 inch circumference, 5.5 inches tall
Started: November 12, 2005
Finished: November 12, 2005

7 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Oooo, so cute!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

How great is the Kersti? I made a pair of handwarmers with it last year and loved it--someday I will spring ofr enough of it for a sweater.

Love the instant-gratification scarf!

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat and scarf are great!

I just picked up my first Koigu to try the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts :) I'm so excited 'cause the colorway looks SO PRETTY and I can't wait to have a scarf to wrap around my head and neck and be cozy lol.

Enough about me!! So glad to see your post, as always :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love that scarf! good job, glad it gave you a since of accomplish ment:) we all need that, i too am bogged down with holiday knitting :) i love that hat . the yarn is beautiful!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Awesome scarf and hat! You're such a fast knitter and crank out such pretty FOs.

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the scarf, its rockin. Its good to do quick finish projects every so often... they are like knitting instant gratification.

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two hours, that's great! There is definitely an advantage to using bulky yarn. And it looks good!

- MJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home