Thursday, April 28, 2005

The End

These are some pictures I took this morning of the finished bag! I am so happy its done and hope that it grows on me. I know, I know, some of the pictures aren't great, but I couldn't wait to post them and get this out of the way! Both the inside and outside pictures are pretty accurate color-wise. The finished dimension are 11.5 inches by 3.5 inches by 10.5 inches. The strap is 73 inches long. I highly recommend this pattern to anyone; however, I think it would be good to go with the yarn they use. You can find this in Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living by Barbara Albright! Thanks for all your support on getting me through this project! I learned some new techniques and also how to actually suck it up and make something for yourself!

And, to end this project, I must remember one of my favorite meditations:

"We live in a world of machines. Our world moves faster, bigger, and better with every moment. Machines replace humans and often do our jobs better. When you are knitting socks and sweaters and scarves, you aren't just knitting. You are assigning a value to human effort. You are holding back time. You are preserving the simple unchanging art of handwork. I will remember that knitting is more meaningful than it seems." - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (The Yarn Harlot)



9 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute cute! Such a nice job, and I love the colors. Its a great size too!

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! Sure, it doesn't stand on it's own, but heck - that's a small thing, in my opinion. Love the colors & it looks like it can hold a ton of stuff. I say it's a job well done. :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! I like!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Dharia said...

that's awesome!! now i want to make one! i love your color selection.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO WAY can you not be in love with that bag. (and if you bring it with you to CT I will probably try to wrestle it from you because I think it is AWESOME!!)

And I have added yet another book to my wish list now! Gotta get my hands on that pattern. I love the strapping and am trying to figure out just how you attached them LOL

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous work. That colorway has got to be among the best I've ever seen. Lucky you for getting to use that bag!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! I used the bag today and it definitely grew on me... The straps held up really nicely, even with books in it!

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Nice job! Light blue and brown is one of my favorite color combinations.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished this bag myself and I LOVE it although it was my first felting project. I haven't felted the strap...not sure if I want to or not, but it's pretty "stretchy" right now.

Pics on my blog if you're interested. :) I used Manos del Uraguay yarn in the same colors as you've chosen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home