Friday, June 10, 2005

Lucky Me

I am in such a good mood right now! Its Friday, I'm home, and I got a beautiful package in the mail from my Bead It Two pal Amy! What a sweetie! She sent me this beautiful package with a card, some mini accents in a sun shape and the coolest stitch markers ever! I love the fact that she personalized the markers by sending me a sun, a sashimi sushi, and two cute kitties that represent Soma and Kali. She even used beads in my favorite color... blue! So, a big hug is heading your way Amy! Thank you, you really made my day :)





And, as promised, here is a picture of the finished body of my hourglass sweater. Its really not that interesting since its still on the needles being set aside. To me, it looks like one big blob because I can't see the decreased and increased areas all too well. I also had a hard time figured out where to take a decent picture of this thing! Don't worry, you will see plenty more pictures of this sweater in the next few weeks..



My order from Knit Picks came in yesterday and I am really happy with everything! I can't show it all since a few things are for my SP5 pal, but here is what I bought for me! I am planning on having a sock dying fest later this weekend with my Color Your Own sock yarn and a Kool Aid packet or two (did I just almost make a Tommy Boy quote!?). I am going to use some of the techniques that were mentioned in Diana's blog the other day. I also bought some Alpaca Cloud in moss green for Branching Out.



And now that Cara has received her Bead It Two package from me, I can post pictures of my Surprise Project that ended up in her hands yesterday! I made the Soft Drawstring Pouch from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It was a fairly quick knit and I LOVED the yarn I used, which was Blue Sky Alpaca, Alpaca and Silk. I think I might make a few more of these for presents I make in the future. The one thing I didn't take pictures of were the stitch markers I made for Cara. One set had these little Earth beads, and the other set had little flower charms. You can check them out at her blog though!


11 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love amyville stitchmarkers - so some very big jealose looks are being cast on your blog! nice haul!

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool to get special Amyville stitch markers just for you! Your sweater is looking good - you'll be done in no time!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Very cool, what a great way to end a week!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling stitch markers! I love the color of your hourglass sweater - or have I already told you that? :::grin::: Can't wait to see your dyed sock yarn!

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm Amyville stitchmarkers (said in my best Homer Simpson voice)

NICE LOOT!!

I love the bag you made Cara and i checked the markers on her blog - nicely done!!

ANd then there is hourglass - that color is perfect! I can't wait to se emore progress pics - i SO live vicariously thru you, namesake of mine ;-)

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a great bead it pal. I wonder how she made those.
What a nice surprise gift for Cara too. She's really great!

Hey maybe we can branch out together?! I still haven't started mine yet.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, your hourglass sweater is coming right along! Yea for kool-aid dyeing - looking forward to seeing your results.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all your sweet comments... and I am sure Amy does too :)!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hourglass looks beautiful. I absolutely love that shade of green. And the drawstring bag is too sweet. You make me want to open up Last Minute Gifts and find some projects ....

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky me and lucky you! love amy's stitch markers they are so cool,love everything you sent me..you rock!
you know what would be really cool? a dye -it along with the sock wool? what do you think? should I put one on?
cara
earth mother

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been prolific! Everything looks so great. I was just eyeing the knitted drawstring bags in LMKG. Of course, I already have too many projects lined up already...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home