Friday, July 22, 2005

Another Week, Another Yarn Splurge

First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL AND PETER!!! My cousin, and her husband Peter have the same birthday, isn't that cool?! I hope you guys have/had a great day today and I am so excited to bake some cakes and join in on the celebration picnic tomorrow at the park!

And, Happy Friday everyone! Since I have very little knitting news, I figured I would show off some stuff I bought a while ago as well as some yarn I purchased today while at A Good Yarn. The beige green yarn is called Saucy Sport and is 100% cotton. It was on sale today for $1.75 a skein... who could pass that up?! Its going to be a tank top someday :-)! The blue Trekking XXL yarn and the ArtYarns Ultramerino were purchased about a month ago and are just waiting to get a chance on the needles.




So, as for knitting, I don't have a lot to show since I was so busy this week. However, I have been slowly trekking along on some stuff for the Preemie Project. I am almost done with four sets of hats and booties and am going to try to bust out a quickie baby blanket (okay, I guess there is no such thing as a quickie baby blanket)! Anyhow, I brought some flyers and tags to both Black Sheep and A Good Yarn in an attempt to spread the word. Please, if anyone is interested in knitting, even one thing, for the Preemie Project, click here to get to the volunteers page. The first hospital donation is happening on Sept. 1, 2005, so hurry!



Anyhow, have a great weekend everyone!

9 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

I have the same shade of Trekking sock yarn and was just thinking I'd knit it up next. What size needles do you normally use with it?

Great pictures of the White Mountains! I've never been there but my boyfriend has and we have a running argument over the highest peak east of the Mississippi. I say it's Mt Mitchell in NC and he insists it's a peak in the White Mountains. Anyways, what a cool job you have!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the yarn, so cheap! those are beautiful baby hats and booties, gonna be some lucky preemies... laura is such a sweet person:)
have fun at the park tomm. and eat some cake for me!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh a yarn splurge, how fun! I need one of those badly...

Your hat and bootie sets look adorable. I think your openwork set turned out really great. What lucky babies the recipients will be!
Thank you for passing out those flyers. You're such an asset to the group. THANKS! =0)

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh pretty! I love new yarn. It just looks so great sitting in a basket waiting to be knit!
Your preemie knits are so cute. I'm going to have to look into that. Both of my nieces were preemies and so was my best friends daughters. It is such a difficult time for the parents and family. What a great thing to be able to do for them.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Hi Dani, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love your preemie projeect things what a great idea. I was extremely impressed with your wave skirt nd the Hourglass !! Happy Knitting

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Hello Dani! Thanks for stopping by my blog (and the birthday wishes!!) Love the new yarn purchase! I love to see what people are buying - I'm addicted to yarn but its rather expensive to buy in Europe so I like to live vicarously through others purchases! :) Have a great week!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

That cotton is sooo cheap - you were lucky to get away with only 7 skeins. :-) Love the booties and hats - I'll have to check into the Preemie Project - I wonder if there is a Canadian equivalent. I suppose there probably is...

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Dani said...

The hats and booties look great! I am sure that their recipients will love them

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, First things . . . the yarn is nummy, I love seeing lots and lots of it all piled up like that, too much fun! Second, I love your preemie projects, this is something that I really admire, being the mother of two preemie babies that had very rough starts. It means so much to receive such heart-felt gifts, and I really appreciate how so many different people have become involved in this project :) I take hand-knits to the hospital that my girls were born at every year on their birthdays, it's fun for us and the nurses love it when we visit! Anyhoo, the are just darling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home