Thursday, August 11, 2005

Some More Color

Don't think that I have not been doing any dyeing recently! Yesterday I did the "Grapevine" colorway and am really happy with the results. There are two different shades of green and two purples. The yarn is self-patterning with some green stripes and then purple splotches. I can't wait to knit a swatch of this!



I also did a bit more Kool-Aid dyeing to use up some of what I bought a while back. Below are two different versions of "Earth Day". The first one has a little bit of a darker green, a nice grass green, a sky blue and then this really pretty seafoam green color. The second version is the one not in a ball below and has grass green, sky blue and a really pretty lilac purple.





The other colorway I was experimenting with was the "Gryffindor" sock yarn. However, the gold color came out really orange so I want to do another batch this weekend. Below you can see two skeins drying on my back porch as well as the Kool-Aid skein in the making... This weekend I want to try more "Gryffindor" and also attempt the "Bumblebee" colorway!



UPDATE: The Grapevine and the two different Earth Day skeins are sold! Phew, that was quick! I didn't even get a chance to knit a swatch of the Grapevine, though I am going to do that quickly before it goes out in the mail! I still have one watermelon left from last time if anyone wants that one. I keep on wanting to post these on ebay, but you guys get me first! Thanks for your support :)

21 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, your dying is gorgeous - i love the vibrant colors, so pretty.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Christine said...

oo oo oo, let me know if you have any for sale...please!!! I love the earth day duo and the grapevine and can't wait for you to perfect Gryffindor!!!!

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can't decide which one I list the best. Though I do love the Earth Day one. Who can resist green. NOT ME! I will have to try that colourway one day. I think you posted it for us right?

Looking forward to seeing the HP one. The gold has to be right. :)

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautious of course!

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, lovely stuff as always. I particularly like the grape leaves colorway. Nice job!
-SP

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

You make me want to run out and dye some yarn - gorgeous colors! I'm sure I would mess it up though... That baby blanket is going to be gorgeous by the way - those colors are so complimentary - I don't envy you all the seaming at the end though!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More pretty colors! Please do post a swatch of the grapevine when you get it made, I want to see how that turns out.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Your dyeing is amazing!!! So, uh.... what are you going to do with all that new yarn? :)

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again you have done a fabulous job! I just may have to get you to dye some yarn for me. Love the grapevine and the Gryffindor! The greens are pretty too...oh my...you are so talented with this!

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your dyeing. The colors are so pretty.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE Earth Day! You've really got a knack for dyeing, girl - keep up the good work!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

Looks like u r really into it now..:D Lovely dyeing!

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful dyeing! I've been enjoying your blog and dye jobs, and I think our minds must somehow be alike. I just bought new burgandy and gold dyes for Griffindor dyeing last week!!! I'm still searching for the perfect gray/silver for Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous dying job! I just love those Earth Day colours. I doubt you'll get much of a chance to post your yarns on eBay. :)

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. Gorgeous colors!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

~ swooning over the grapevine ~ I LOVE purple and green together!!! Can't wait to see the swatch. =)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

grapevine is gorgeous... love those colours together. Please hurry up and knit the swatch... I am dying to see what it looks like

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Pammi said...

Oh I just love all the colors. I would love to see them when you make something with them. Have a great day. And keep up on your wonderful job of dying.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

That looks like so much fun, especially since you picked such happy colors.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are soo pretty!! Make more (I want to buy some!)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I don't know knitting needles from fir needles, but those are great colors. (I'm glad Leanne had me stop by.)

Lisa from Prospect Hill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home