Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Idiosyncrasy

Idiosyncrasy
n. pl. id· i·o·syn·cra·sies -A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.


Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies.

1. I go through at least 100 pounds of flour a year. And, I mean at least... Some years, I would say 150 pounds. I love to bake, I love desserts.. Its as simple as that!

2. I bite my nails. I hate the fact that I do it and will stop for a few months, but then start biting again. This cycle kills me.

3. It kills me when people litter and when people don't recycle. I am a total environmentalist and have been known to pull of the side of the road and pick up trash.

4. I will never want to stop learning. I love being in school, learning new things and even, achem, studying for tests! I have a hard time being around people that think school is not important and that once high school or college is over, that's it! I think its so important for people to stay involved and realize the fact that knowledge has no limits.

5. I hate shopping (well, with the exception of yarn that is). You will hardly ever find me in a mall at will. Most of my friends think I had some genetic mix-up at birth and inhereted the male shopping gene!

I'm not going to pass this on to anyone! If you want to take a stab, go for it! Also, I am going to be back up in the White Mountains for work the rest of the week, so I will see you all on Friday afternoon! Have a good rest of the week everyone!

6 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ack, i'm a nail biter myself - same cycle as you, sigh. it helps a little to paint my nails some fun color - nailpolish does *not* taste good - but it always chips off too fast..

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

I hear you on litter - I was on a work trip to Miami once and saw a family having a beautiful picnic on the beach. Well, they got up and left ALL their litter sitting there. Cups, bottles, plates, half eaten food. Just walked away with their beach towels and bags and never came back - there was a HUGE circle of refuse as they were about 12 people. How do you do that - where did they think it would go?? I was astounded.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

man i hear you on littering! boils my blood to think people are so careless! i use to recycle on a weekly basis, trying to find a new service and i seem to put poopy diapers in plastic grocery bags.. i don't like to shop either! the mall has to many people,loud, and nothing ever seems to fit...so why go?

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your WhiteMountain trip is a good one! And when you come back, get to hopping on the meme I am tagging you for ;) (See my 8/4 entry for details)

The idiosynchracies answers confirm more things we have in common, except I FINALLY broke the nail biting routine. I don't know what happened, but about 6 months ago, I just stopped!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger sarah said...

I love your #4. I'm the same way. I swear I'm a gold star member at my library because I can't stand not learning. That's why I'm going back to school soon!!!!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Ms. Lance-a-lot said...

Dani: another thanks for the Raok you sent me! Pictures up today! I agree, who are these people? Well, I guess they are you! Thanks again! And your hand dyed yarns are great. I was also glad you posted your thoughts about the knitpicks yarn. I haven't gotten any yet...Love the "go with the flow" sock. You're moving quite quickly on that one! hope your trip was good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home