Tuesday, July 26, 2005

HP for HP

Through all the Harry Potter craziness, I've been knitting rather than reading. I actually started this scarf the end of May... however, it became lost in the shadows of larger projects. I am knitting this for my 10 year old cousin named HP (yes, how odd and coincidental) which stands for H. Perry (with Perry being his official middle name and what he tends to go by). Anyways, I am really happy with how its turning out. I am using Cascade 220 yarn in a maroon and gold for gryffindor! I am modifying it a bit by making it shorter (probably 10 repeats instead of 14) and 10 stitches narrower to better suit a small 10 year old. And guess what??!! I found a great little project to make with the scrap yarn I have leftover from this project. Check this out if you are reading Harry Potter too! How cute is that?!



Also, I have been trekking away on my Trekking sock #2! I am just about at the heel and hope to finish this by next week to complete the pair. I didn't even attempt to match up the stripes since there is no pattern and the colors are all random.

9 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOO jealous! Love everything your working on, wishing I coukd work on something tooooooooooooo (im such a whiner LOL)

LOVE the socks!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Dani said...

The HP scarf looks great Dani! And the trekking socks are so random, I love it!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Lynette said...

Aww, the gryffindor hat is a cutie. Your cousin is going to love it. And I am coveting those Trekking socks - where did you find that colorway?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Love the scarf and I'm sure he will as well. A little bookmark is such a great idea! I must make a note of that...

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love those socks!!

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such fun random stripes on the socks! I'm not ready to take on the full sized HP scarf, but as soon as I saw that bookscarf pattern I got started on one. Now all it needs is fringe.

Too bad the crafting has cut into the reading time.

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the HP scarf! I am embarassed to say I am probably going to make one of these for myself to wear with jeans and stuff this winter. I am such a Harry Potter nut!

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scarf is sooo cute! And that yarn that the trekking socks are knit in is more gorgeous every time I see it! Bravo on knitting #2. I can't seem to do that very often!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I sooo love your socks!!! They look great...scarf too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home