Friday, August 05, 2005

Christmas In August

Well, you would never know that I lived in the northern hemisphere if you walked into my house last night. After a few days of being extremely over-worked, I came home to not one, but three packages! It was like Christmas (or Chanukah)!! The first present was from my Gimme Some Needle Exchange pal, Becca. She sent me the most amazing surina wood needles. I got a set of dpn's in US3 (which I don't have) and a set of straight needles in US8. And then to top it off, she included three skeins of hemp yarn in this gorgeous purple color that I am just in love with! I am actually thinking about making my own pattern with this stuff, because I think it deserves to be made into something super special... So, THANK YOU Becca, you made my week!



Cara also sent me some goodies.. well, some are for the kitties too! Since Soma won the Puuurfect Kitty Contest, we received this thoughtful package which included some treats, toys, a little Canadian zippered pouch, awesome stitch markers and... the best part, a Canadian thong! I love it all Cara, thank you so much!



The next package was from my mom! I was so surprised to find such cute things inside from their recent day trip up to Netherlands, CO. I got some new recipe cards, a pad of kitty paper, some toffee and a little wind chime with bears (I am addicted to black bears). So, thanks mom! I love it!



And, last but not least, I received the bag that I ordered from Cafe Press. My friend Amanda is starting her own online business called Guerrilla Stitcher. If you haven't already, go check out her blog and her website... She does AMAZING things!



Tomorrow, I have some more yarn to dye and a picture to post of the new and improved tiger yarn! Have a great Friday everyone!

8 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad it got to you ok,thanks for the needle swap package btw I had no idea I would have you,thanks a million!
cara
earth mother

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

oooo what great gifts!!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow you made out girl! it was like christmas:) i signed up for the stitcher newsletter amanda is very talented!

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun to come home to! Isn't mail just wonderful? You made out like a bandit...Christmas in August...what a wonderful thing!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

oh lucky you! :D it's great to come home to something always..:)

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great surprises!!

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what great goodies! You and your kitties must be so happy. Get some rest. HUGS

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

You make me blush! Thanks for the great feedback!

Where are you? I need a Dani fix....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home