Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, on Thanksgiving, I give you the finished Go With the Flow Socks. These were designed by Evelyn Clark and published in the Summer 2005 IK magazine. They are very beautiful and will be gifted in a few weeks to a very special someone.







Pattern: Go With The Flow Socks by Evelyn Clark, published in Summer 2005 IK
Yarn: Lang Yarns Jawoll superwash in #83
Measurements: Made to fit a women's size 8
Started: July 27, 2005
Finished: November 23, 2005
Other Details: I used the Magic Loop method for these socks instead of DPN's and knit them on US 1's rather than 2's. I found that the legs went really quick and the foot took forever. And talk about second sock syndrome... I put this badboy off forever and finally cracked down. The second sock only took me 8 days to do, so not too shabby.

And this is what I woke up to on Thanksgiving morning. Snow! Now, if this was only Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you find yourself surrounded by family and friends and lots of good knitting :)

18 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

gorgeous socks.. one of my favourite patterns.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Great socks Dani! Such a hot colour right now too!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sock pattern. And HAPPY THANKSGIVING sweetie! :)

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Kit said...

Awesome socks. They do look like just the thing for such a day!

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Iris said...

The socks look fantastic! What a lovely pattern.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Scoutj said...

Those are beautiful!!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks! They turned out beautiful! And snow!!! Send some my way, I'm ready!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Christine said...

They came out so beautiful!!! Great job! I got the yarn by the way. I've just been so busy!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

They are GREAT! I received the stuff I ordered from you on the 16th, but I was having a bad week so I didn't remember to mention it to you till now - I was wondering how I should divide it for two socks that are reasonably similar?

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dani!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful socks, I love the color!
Happy Holidays :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Love the socks.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Acornbud said...

Wow, I love the color and pattern on those socks! Really great!
Brrr. It looks cold in your neck of the woods.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW snow! it was 87 degrees here! i am envious :)i love those socks, very pretty.. how is that christmas knitting coming? is the table clearing ;)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Beautiful socks, Dani. I'm so glad you had a nice weekend. Mine was quiet, thankfully, and full of knitting. xo

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Pammi said...

I love your socks, I am trying to knit my first one on 4dps and I will admit that I am having a hard time of it. It just takes forever. Love visiting your blog and love the snow pics, I live in sunny Florida

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

That is such a pretty shade of green.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Everytime I see a pair of Go with the Flows, I say to myself that I need to make a pair soon - they are lovely. Great scarves too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home