Monday, November 21, 2005

Voila!

I find scarves boring. However, I am LOVING Scarf Style, because they are intersting enough for me to handle. So, when I saw organic cotton and this fun looking pattern, I had to try it out! The only issue I had with this scarf is counting. You would think that counting to 7, 8 and 9 was rather easy... HOWEVER, I am a dumb ass and kept on making stupid little mistakes. Let this be a warning to those of you who think you can count...





Pattern: Midwest Moonlight by Ivy Bigelow and published in Scarf Style
Yarn: Green Mountain Spinnery Cotton Comfort in Denim
Measurements: 6 inches wide and 60 inches long
Started: November 1, 2005
Finished: November 19, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on size 6 Addi's and did 30 pattern repeats instead of 25. It was going to be too short for the really tall friend of mine that is getting this for Christmas :). Don't worry, she doesn't read my blog! Oh, I also blocked this one out pretty well and it really made a huge difference in opening up the yo's.

Since I finished one project this weekend, of course I had to start another holiday knit. This is the Ruffles Scarf from Scarf style made with Premiere Cotton. It's a super easy 4 row repeat, and I expect to finish it soon!



And finally... the last two days, I dyed a ton of yarn and updated the store with some Gyrffindor, Candy Cane and many other new colorways. Below is a picture of the new Prism yarn; a lovely blend of Crayola-like rainbow colors.

15 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Karen said...

The scarf is beautiful! I also hate scrves just cause there so long and boring. But yours turned out nicely! I was too slow to get the gryffindor yarn (darnd school) so next time I will have to. Keep on dyeing, the yarn is beautiful!!!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I love that scarf and your new colorway too! Very cool.

I'm starting to think you wait til I leave the house to post any Gryffindor ;)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Scoutj said...

That blue scarf is the reason I'd buy that book! My girl at knitizen knit that and I love it.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf is awesome! So beautiful!

And, I agree about Scarf Style. It gave new meaning to "knitting a scarf" for me last year. Hehehe.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Dani said...

Great scarves! I love the first one

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Beautiful post, Dani!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Dani - Beautiful scarves! Those are the 2 that I found interesting in that book.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love both of the scarves and the beautiful yarn!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new blue scarf. I have that book and now you've motivated me to start something out of it... yours is just lovely!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knit that Midwest Moonlight scarf and OMG! the counting. It was KILLING me. Yours looks super fabulous!

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarf style is a great book and I keep coming back to it for patterns and inspiration. I have to say though, the picture of your Midwest Moonlight is waaay better than the one in the book.

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the denim scarf and will try for my sister's b'day in February. That book is great but I haven't knit any of it yet.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...you have been busy. i was wondering if you went underground because i hadn't seen you in so long....i think i gotta get me some of that PRISM...way cool...happy thanksgiving....

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger alltangledup said...

yeah, that's a great book. I love the midwest moonlight scarf too.

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarf Style is a great book. Scarves can be *really* boring but the patterns in the book are so inspiring. Your MM scarf is beautiful, Dani!

- MJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home