Wednesday, November 30, 2005

2005 Gallery


Pattern: All Time Favorite Slippers from Barbara Albright's Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living book.
Yarn: Reynolds Lopi in a few different colors.
Measurements: Made three different pairs in different colors and sizes.
Started: January 2005
Finished: January 2005
Other Details: The CO sts were wrong according to my calculations. The first pair I made were supposed to be the women's size and barely fit my 10 year old cousin. So, beware when you begin!




Pattern: Scott's Ribbed Hat
Yarn: Cascade 220 in a green/black colorway.
Measurements: Approximately 20" circumference. Fits his 22.5 " head perfectly!
Started: January 2005
Finished: March 2005
Other Details: I forgot to take a completed picture. But here it is ALMOST done :)





Pattern: A free pattern from Black Sheep Knitting Store in Needham. It's called Deb's Drop Stitch Scarf.
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM
Measurements: Approximately 5.5" wide and 52" long.
Started: February 7, 2005
Finished: April 23, 2005
Other Details: I ended up blocking this litely after not being thrilled with the slightly rolled end. The blocking worked wonders and really opened up the yo's.
Blog Entry: My Journey With Koigu Ends






Pattern: Carried Away Felted Bag from Barbara Albright's Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living book
Yarn: Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair in light blue and dark brown
Measurements: 11.5 inches by 3.5 inches by 10.5 inches. The strap is 73 inches long.
Started: January 18, 2005
Finished: April 27, 2005
Other Details: I loved this bag, but wasn't too thrilled with how the Mountain Mohair yarn felted. Next time I make this bag, I'm using Fiesta Yarns and going hard-core :)
Blog Entry: The End





Pattern: Airy Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Meadow and Navy
Measurements: 39" long and 5.5" wide.
Started: April 26, 2005
Finished: May 7, 2005
Other Details: I knit the second one of these on US10.5 rather than US10's and think it came out much better. I had to add a few extra repeats to get the length I wanted as well.
Blog Entry: Take Two




Pattern: Kerchief Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic Colors in #101
Measurements: 19.25" by 9.5".
Started: April 30, 2005
Finished: May 3, 2005
Other Details: This was a fun, beautiful knit and I loved the yarn I used! My only suggestion is to make it a bit wider.. lucky for me my Aunt has a tiny neck and it fit around her perfectly.
Blog Entry: Take Two






Pattern: The pattern is from Bags, A Knitters Dozen, and designed by Edie Eckman
Yarn: Reynolds Lopi yarn in color #0085, knit on size 8 needles
Measurements: About 9" wide and 7" tall
Started: May 12, 2005
Finished: May 20, 2005
Other Details: I lined it with fabric to give it a more polished look. I really am happy with how this bag came out. It can hold lots of weight for a non-felted bag. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was how the cables looked with the Lopi yarn... not the best. So, if I make this again, I will specifically choose a yarn that will show cables superbly.
Blog Entry: Aran Pocketbook Debut






Pattern: Classic Socks using the basic Yankee Knitter Pattern #29
Yarn: Fortissima Cotton color 742 and size US1 needles
Measurements: Made to fit a women's size 8.5 foot.
Started: March 27, 2005
Finished: May 21, 2005
Other Details: These are my very first pair of socks! I really enjoyed making them and learned alot about sizing and technique. You'll see more of these in the future, so stay tuned!
Blog Entry: Two Is Better Than One





Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch From Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca, Alpaca and Silk in natural
Measurements: About 5" wide (10" circumference) and 8" high.
Started: June 2, 2005
Finished: June 5, 2005
Other Details: What a pleasant little knit! This is so perfect to give as a gift with a little someth'in inside. I'll be making lots more of these!
Blog Entry: Lucky Me






Pattern: Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Silk in Lettuce and size 7 needles
Measurements: 19.5 inches across bottom, 17 inches across waist, 39 inch chest circumference, 24 inches from bottom edge to neckline, 20.5 inches from wrist to underarm
Started: May 25, 2005
Finished: June 25, 2005
Other Details: This was my first sweater, and though it came out a bit big, I am happy with it. I do wear it, but wish it fit better. I plan on re-making sweater using the Cash Iroha sometime in the next year or two.
Blog Entry: My First Sweater Baby, Yeah!




Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch From Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton
Measurements: About 5" wide (10" circumference) and 8" high.
Started: June 6, 2005
Finished: June 29, 2005
Other Details: This is the second one of these I have knit, and loved how this one came out with a different yarn! This went to my secret pal (for SP5), which is why it never made a post.





Pattern: Wave Skirt by Kat Coyle and published in Spring 2005 IK
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in colors #585 (Wolverine Blue, 2 skeins), #610 (Nymph, 1 skein), #460 (Jungle Green, 1 skein), #790 (Columbine Blossom, 1 skein) and #620 (Banana, 1 skein)
Measurements: I made the small size which is made to fit a 32" hip. The dimensions for both the front and back after blocking are: 13" across waist, 17" across prior to the start of the wave pattern, 26" across at bottom edge, and 20" long from top to bottom.
Started: July 8, 2005
Finished: July 17, 2005
Other Details: I omitted the eyelet round and realized this was a bad idea. I went back and added in a drawstring afterwards, which works perfectly!
Blog Entry: A Day Of Waves





Pattern: I used a combination of the Winter Socks in the Magic Loop Pamphlet and the Yankee Knitter Pattern #29
Yarn: Trekking sock yarn in color #100
Measurements: Made to fit a women's size 8.5 foot.
Started: July 2, 2005
Finished: July 28, 2005
Other Details: This was my first pair of socks using the Magic Loop Method. I used an Addi 40"/US 1 circular needle.
Blog Entry: Bags and Socks, Socks and Bags




Pattern: Preemie Project Donation #1; booties and hat patterns from the Preemie Project website.
Yarn: Various brands of acrylic yarns
Measurements: The hats and bootie sets were made to fit preemie babies
Started: May 21, 2005
Finished: August 9, 2005
Blog Entry: Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries





Pattern: Daffodils by Pick Up Sticks
Yarn: Cascade 220
Measurements: A typical flower size!
Started: August 13, 2005
Finished: August 19, 2005
Other Details: I omitted the eyelet round and realized this was a bad idea. I went back and added in a drawstring afterwards, which works perfectly!
Blog Entry: Flower Power





Pattern: Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss, Merino Aran in 7 different shades (color numbers 325508, 325101, 325601, 325604, 325102, 325213, and one I can't find)
Measurements: 19.5 x 21.5 before blocking, 21.5 x 24 after blocking
Started: August 7, 2005
Finished: August 25, 2005
Other Details: Wash this in the machine before you block.. the difference was amazing!
Blog Entry: Call Me Crazy and The Magic In Blocking




Pattern: Prisoner of Azkaban Gryffindor Scarf by Lauren Kent
Yarn: Cascade 220 in Maroon (2401) and Gold (7826)
Measurements: 8" wide by 63" long
Started: May 30, 2005
Finished: September 13, 2005
Other Details: I knit this scarf for my 11 year old cousin who is on the shorter side. So, I cast on only 80 stitches rather than 90 and did only 11 repeats rather than 14.
Blog Entry: Good News All Around





Pattern: Lace Camisole from Morehouse Farm
Yarn: Morehouse merino lace in soft white
Measurements: Approximately 32 inches wide up to 8 inches; then increased to 37 inches around. 14 inches from underarm to bottom. Straps are 9 inches.
Started: August 20, 2005
Finished: October 2, 2005
Other Details: I added some shaping to this camisole, as there was none in the pattern. I started with the medium and ended with the larger size. My gauge was smaller than the instructions called for, which made it more like a small with increases to the medium size. I started increases at around 7.5 to 8 inches. After I was finished, I realized the armpits were too big and the straps were too long. So, I did a crocheted slip knot border every third stitch around the armpit. This cinched it a bit, but I am extremely happy with how it fits. The straps.. I should have ripped apart rather than just sew some down to the inside. However, my patience was gone and I am happy overall. Oh, and one more thing... it only took three balls of merino lace rather than four. I used EXACTLY three to the inch!
Blog Entry: Lov'in The Lace




Pattern: Preemie Project Donation #2 (Pumpkin hats and booties). The pumpkin hat pattern was by Ann Norling.
Yarn: Acrylic Yarns (Lion Brand and Caron)
Measurements: Made to fit preemie babies
Started: September 12, 2005
Finished: October 4, 2005
Blog Entry: Pumpkin Days




Pattern: A basic winter hat pattern
Yarn: Nashua Yarns, Wooly Stripes
Measurements: 20" circumference and made to fit an adult head.
Started: September 30, 2005
Finished: October 5, 2005
Other Details: Knit on US 8 needles.
Blog Entry: The Small Things





Pattern: Tulips, daffodils and calla lillies by Pick Up Sticks
Yarn: Cascade 220
Measurements: No real measurements; however, they all appear to be a typical flower size after felting.
Started: October 5, 2005
Finished: October 11, 2005
Other Details: I really didn't change anything with these flowers. It's really fun, because you can do the colors you want to make them really unique.
Blog Entry: Birthday Bouquet




Pattern: Mohair Singlet from Jo Sharp's Contemporary Knitting, Issue 2
Yarn: GGH Soft Kid in #78
Measurements: 37" bust, 30" body circumference, 22" long
Started: October 8, 2005
Finished: October 21, 2005
Other Details: I knit the large size with different yarn. My gauge ended up giving me the medium size, which was perfect. This does stretch after wear and will probably need to be re-blocked every once in a while. I also knit this in the round rather than doing a seperate front and back.
Blog Entry: Full Of Mohair





Pattern: Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: An unknown handpainted yarn that was gifted to me last year
Measurements: 6 inches wide by 85 inches long
Started: October 18, 2005
Finished: October 31, 2005
Other Details: I knit this scarf using a single color, rather than alternating two similar but differernt colorways. Its a bit longer than the pattern recommends, but it will be great to wrap about the head a few times. I knit this on size 6 needles and got gauge at 5.5 stitches per inch.. making it a dk weight yarn.
Blog Entry: What A Way To Go and Thank You All!




Pattern: Just a garter stitch scarf with a slip stitch edge on size 17 needles
Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print
Measurements: 6 inches wide and 52 inches long
Started: November 11, 2005
Finished: November 11, 2005
Blog Entry: Some Quickies




Pattern: A basic hat, no real pattern. I cast on 76 sts on size 6 needles.
Yarn: Koigu Kersti
Measurements: 14" circumference, 5.5" tall.
Started: November 12, 2005
Finished: November 12, 2005
Blog Entry: Some Quickies




Pattern: Midwest Moonlight Scarf by Ivy Bigelow and published in Scarf Style
Yarn: Mountain Spinnery Cotton Comfort in Denim
Measurements: 6" wide and 60" long afer blocking
Started: November 1, 2005
Finished: November 19, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on size 6 Addi's and did 30 pattern repeats instead of 25. I strongly recommend blocking this if you use the Cotton Comfort since it really opened up the yo's.
Blog Entry: Voila




Pattern: Go With The Flow Socks by Evelyn Clark, published in Summer 2005 IK
Yarn: Lang Yarns Jawoll superwash in #83
Measurements: Made to fit a women's size 8
Started: July 27, 2005
Finished: November 23, 2005
Other Details: I used the Magic Loop method for these socks instead of DPN's and knit them on US 1's rather than 2's.
Blog Entry: Happy Thanksgiving!




Pattern: Ruffles Scarf out of Scarf Style
Yarn: Classic Elite Premiere Cotton in natural
Measurements: About 74" long
Started: November 20, 2005
Finished: November 30, 2005
Other Details: This was knit on US6 Addi's. I followed the pattern and even used the yarn they recommend! The only change I made was to the total length since it would have been too long for my shorter friend :)
Blog Entry: Ruffle Me Up




Pattern: Wavy bag of my own design
Yarn: Noro Kureyon
Measurements: About 23" around and 18" high before felting, and 19" around and 12" high post felting.
Started: November 29, 2005
Finished: December 12, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on Clover 16"/US 9 needles using a basic chevron stitch pattern and a three needle bind-off. It is fun playing with your own pattern since it adds a nice element of surprise at the end.
Blog Entry: 3 For 1




Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Silk in Natural
Measurements: About 7" tall and 6" wide (the small size)
Started: December 12, 2005
Finished: December 12, 2005
Other Details: This is the third one of these I have made this year! LOVE THEM!
Blog Entry: There Are Wizards In My Tub




Pattern: My own simple pattern.. CO 18 sts (or a multiple of 3) and k1, yo, k2tog the entire way!
Yarn: Manos
Measurements: About 55" long and 4.5" wide
Started: December 12, 2005
Finished: December 19, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on size US 8 needles to make the stitches a bit tighter and to prevent stretching over time. I love how this pattern looks with Manos yarn and highly recommend giving something so simple a try!
Blog Entry: Take Me Home Country Road...





Pattern: Crusoe socks from Knitty.com
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM in color #527
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US size 9
Started: November 27, 2005
Finished: December 20, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on Inox US size 2 needles (2.5mm, so inbetween a US1 and US2) using the Magic Loop Method. I did a 2x2 rib rather than the roll top since I didn't like that. The 2x2 rib works nicely with the stranded stitch pattern. I cast on 64 sts rather than the 48 as stated in the pattern. I lengthened the heel flap to 2.5 inches and changed the foot length to 8.5 inches before the toe decreases.
Blog Entry: 3 For 1




Pattern: Misti Alpaca Chunky Diagonal Rib Knit Scarf
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Chunky in color #1013
Measurements: About 6.5" wide and 67" long
Started: November 22, 2005
Finished: December 21, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on US10.5 rather than US11's since it came out to loose on 11's. I added a nice fringe and voila!
Blog Entry: 3 For 1

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your knitting blog - there is so much JOY here.

After taking in inspiration from you, I am determined to go back to the Last Minute Gifts book I bought last year and knit one of those darling bags.

Thank you for sharing yourself and your wonderful creations with us!

Cara

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed being here, reading your thoughts, and especially seeing your finished work. Such lovely creations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home