Friday, August 18, 2006

My New Love

I never thought I would tell a skeinwinder, "I love you", but I have been all week long! I dyed about 150 skeins earlier this week and I have been loving life ever since! This Wil Taylor skeinwinder allows me to reskein about 20-30 skeins an hour. Translation: hours and hours and hours of time saved each week! I had to wait about 2 months for my order to come, but it was worth the wait! A big thank you goes out to Julia for recommending this model to me :)



And look, another FO! I knit up this baby blanket in less than a week out of Rowan Soft Baby.. Let me tell you, its soft! Unfortunately, this FO is not staying with me... its off to the store today to be a model. Bye, bye, blankie!




Pattern: Corner to Corner Blanket from Knit Baby Blankets!
Yarn: Rowan Soft Baby #008
Measurements: Makes about a 30" square (mine was 32 from corner to corner)
Started: August 11, 2006
Finished: August 17, 2006
Other Details: I used just about 4 balls for this blanket, which is a rather low cost project (around $28). Downside... its not superwash and eaily felts.

6 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

letWhat will happen to your old skeinwinder? If you're thinking of selling it, I might be interested.

And thanks for your help in finding the right yarn for my baby sweater. It's coming out really nicely!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OOO, new toys! I actually reskeined my yarn last night, but with a niddy noddy, of course.

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious, what about the new skein winder makes it that much of an improvement? I'm starting to look into skeinwinders.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That skeinwinder is seriously cool.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is an awesome skeinwinder! The blanket is beautiful!

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger YarnB said...

Why is the skeinwinder so much better? I like the design. I just got a Fricke electric skeinwinder which is quite amazing, but for a different purpose. For going from cones to skeins.....I'll have to look at that one for yarn re-skeining...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home