Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yarn, Yarn, Everywhere!

Yesterday was a big day over at Sunshine Yarns and I somehow managed to go through about 100 skeins of yarn! Sunshine Yarns has been also doing great at A Good Yarn, in Brookline Village, the only store that I currently supply. A big thank you goes out to all my supporters... the customers, my wonderful knitty friends and to all my other friends and family that have been there for me through it all :)

Now, enough of the sappy stuff, I have lots of packaging up to do today! This is my poor dining room table as we speak. This is about half of what needs to go out today, the other half is still hiding in bags or waiting to be reskeined :)



Oh, and for those of you who asked about my new skeinwinder, here are a few more tidbits for you. Up until last week, I've been using a Niddy Noddy, so this is my first real tabletop skeinwinder. Crazy huh?! Secondly, I am not sure why this skeinwinder is so fabulous since I haven't used any others. It moves smooth and quick and I have no complains, so that is really all I can say. its also much cheaper than other models, and hey, if you can get the same thing for much cheaper, why the hell not?! :)

13 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Rosemary said...

I'm totally dying (not pigment, but you know, dead dying) because I've put myself on a spending freeze at the WRONG time. I really love the Hedwig. *sigh*

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some beautiful yarn - and a lot of it! You are so dedicated to put out so much yarn every week. I'm so impressed!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

What a tablefull of beautiful yarn! What colors are the yellow and orange on the right hand front of the picture? I LOVE those!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's an insane amount of yarn to go through in one day! Congrats! And not to mention a lot of work to dye it too.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were using a niddy noddy before!!!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Those colors are great. Can't wait to see some of the self striping Gryffindor yarn on your etsy shop. I am looking for some to make socks for my Harry Potter crazy daughter for Christmas.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you maintain a mailing list that alerts folks to when you have new yarn to sell?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I want to come over and lie on your table in all of the yarn...

You were using a niddy noddy?! Didn't your arm feel like it would break off??

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW! that is a lot of beautiful yarn!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

WOW! A niddy noddy!! All that yarn! You must have arms of steel! Amazing!!! Gorgeous table o'yarn! :)

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! It's been so fun watching your business take off, I'm glad it's worked out so well for you!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my Wildflowers yarn on Saturday and I LOVE it! Now I understand when people talk about just holding their yarn and talking to it. Thank you so much.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

Wow, what great stock!! It looks beautiful sitting out on the table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home