Monday, October 23, 2006

Good Times

I'm finally back! The trip was fun, but there was definitely too much work involved to call it a vacation. Either way, it was a nice break from city life and gave me a chance to see family and friends.







Unlike my last few trips, I did manage to knit a substantial amount while away. I knit up these lovely Hedera socks in one of my NSS (Not So Solid) colorways. There are a few wonky spots where I picked up stitches, but that is because alot of it was done in the car or on the plane. Owell--I'm sure the person that is getting these will like them just the same.





Project specs:
Pattern: Hedera from Knitty.com
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in the Cornflower NSS colorway
Measurements: Made to fit a women's US9
Started: October 5, 2006
Finished: October 23, 2006
Other Details: Knit these on a 2.5mm using the magic loop method. I really enjoyed this lace pattern and found it alot less boring than similar patterns. I will definitely be making another pair of these for myself in the future.

7 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

fun trip!! love the socks. that hedera is awfully popular!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous socks, and gorgeous pictures from your trip!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

Great socks! I'll have to think about that pattern. I've been itching to make some socks!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures and great socks! Knitty's got so many sock patterns right now, I really need to try some of them. (And I really, really need to buy some of your sock yarn, I am so embarrased that I still haven't!)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger mle said...

Those are gorgeous! Cookie has some awesome sock patterns!! I'm in love with her Pomatomus socks, which I just cast on for last night!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Those are really pretty - I love almost solids!

The pictures from the trip are beautiful - great scenery!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger gabriella said...

hey dani - are you dyeing any of the NSS colorways in your next batch (the oct. 30th update)? let me know - those socks look just lovely and the yarn was even prettier in person at the LYS sunday! i'm definitely in the market for some NSS... ~gabriella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home