Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Last Minute = One Year

It was just about a year ago... I was sitting in a hotel room in Montana starting the Men's Zipped Raglan. Little did I know, the stupid zipper would be the end of me. Not really. I was just lazy. It took me three tries to get the thing in there since I ended up not liking the brown thread with the orange zipper. The clear thread stuff proved to be the perfect fit for this project. Behold:





Scott isn't totally in love with it, but he likes it. Good enough for me. I really don't like the collar. The pattern isn't written well in that regards and now that I am a more experienced knitter, I know things like that! It looks a little bit nicer open and will probably end up being used as more of a jacket. I am happy. It is done.

Pattern: Men's Zipped Raglan from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay in #G (coffee)
Measurements: 42" chest, Medium
Started: October 28, 2005
Finished: October 28, 2006
Other Details: This project was a good knit overall. There were a few major mistakes in the pattern, and the zipper was a pain, but it was fine overall. You really can't pass up on the Manos, its just so beautiful in the rib!

13 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

wow, one year! i bet you're relieved it's off your list! makes room for other good things to knit :)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Acornbud said...

REally looks great on him. I like the orange with the coffee.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on it though! What a relief to be done!

Is that your Peppermint colorway I spy? ;)

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I bet it feels great to have that off your shoulders. Now you can cast on for something new:)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhh I really like that. The orange zipper sets it off perfectly!!!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

And now that it's done, you can move onto other sweaters!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger gabriella said...

Nice job, Dani! I understand your issues with the pattern, but what a handsome sweater - gotta love the Manos. Of course now I feel like a big shlump (again with the made-up words...) and must get started on my man's Cambridge Jacket - when he starts reminding you about it, you know it's really been a while! ~gabriella

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger I_dont_blog said...

The cat isn't necessarily thrilled with it either, judging from his/her (?) facial expression.......

I like it. I'd borrow it from him.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really great on him.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

It looks really great on him and I love the orange zipper!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I love the orange zipper.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh it looks great! i am working on that for myself! makes me want to try to get it done ;) Scott looks great in it!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Very sharp! I love the orange zipper with the brown. He's a great sport for posing for you too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home