Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gifty Goods

I decided fairly early on this year that I was going to do no, or very little, holiday gift knitting. Between all the babies being born, the yarn dyeing, the store, and the wedding planning, I figured I just wouldn't have time. Alas, I started feeling like I needed to knit somebody something for the holidays!

Out of all people, I picked my dad (who is probably the most simplistic man alive). He is impossible to buy gifts for and rarely ever needs anything. He works for himself and does remodeling. He always wears these old beanie ribbed hats in the winter.. hmm, why didn't I think of this before?! His favorite color is blue, and the Royal Tweed I had in my stash was just perfect. It looks a little funky off the head due to the fold over rib, but Scott and I both decided that it fits and looks good on.



Part of my reason for the lack of handknitted gifts, is that I can't seem to collect my thoughts and figure out what I would want to knit for my family and friends. Using up more stash yarn and the One Skein book, I busted out these not quite felted yet bowls. The great thing was, Scott also helped (he knit about half of the largest bowl)! After felting pictures will be coming soon...



And lastly, check out these amazing wristwarmers!! Suzanne has been making wristwarmers and some other cool knitted items and selling them in her esty store, Knithappens. She is a great customer of mine and had made these brown and orange ones out of my NSS colorways. How could I resist?! She also has a pair up there right now made out of the Raspberry Limeade colorway. Go check out her store or just say hello!

4 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the gift knitting--I think my family is starting to get a little annoyed that lately I only knit for myself.

How are your wedding plans coming along? I don't know about you, but I'm just ready for Hemal & I to be married already!

Hope everything's going well.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Elinor said...

I made the same choice re gift knitting because only a few of my family members appreciate hand knits. It's so liberating to think, "I'll only make socks for X because she would really use them!" I'm sure your dad will love the hat!

I can't wait to see the finished bowls! They look great pre-felting!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger spajonas said...

gift knitting is tough. i always choose two or three people by random who i'm going to knit for for christmas. makes it much easier!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I also had big plans to do no holiday knitting. But alas, the list keeps getting longer . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home