Thursday, November 09, 2006

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I feel like a knitting machine these days... pumping out little projects left and right! Last week my cousin Dan and his wife Kristi had a baby boy!! Of course I needed to knit them something super cute and special. I started looking though my knitting book and found Bob in Rowan Babies. Its a great pattern because you can use up extra yarn, even if you only have small amounts leftover! I rounded up my All Seasons leftovers from a couple of years ago (I had three balls that were hardly used), added a friends leftovers, and voila, 7 different colors!



Isn't the packaging cute!?



Pattern: Bob from Rowan Babies
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton in various colorways
Measurements: 6-12 month size
Started: October 27, 2006
Finished: November 8, 2006
Other Details: This project was fun to knit and should definitely be knit in the round due to all the ends. I was crazy and did it in two pieces. I love the fact that its knit in a heavier cotton.. it really makes it a year round vest!

Since I am also participating in Johanna's Double Knit-Along, I figured its about time I post! She will be happy to hear that I dyed up some special yarn for the project this week and its all ready to go! A wonderful customer of mine send me some cashmere/angora/mohair blend yarn to dye for a sweater for her. She sent me a few extra skeins as a little surprise! The base color of the yarn was a regular ol' heathery neutral color.. now look at my two skeins! Scott is going to have one wicked warm and soft winter hat.. he really loves the burnt orange color. Now, lets see if I can double knit!

8 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

What an adorable vest! and, being that it's made from ASC it will get softer and softer!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

what a cutie vest!! i just love the style of it. he'll be one stylin' baby :)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Yeah for baby clothes, yeah for dying your double knit-along yarn! I should have expected something so spectacular from you. Now get knittin'!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

oh, that is so stinking cute!!

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really cute!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger CelticCastOn said...

awww the vest is gorgeous!

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the link for the snowflake chart:

http://knithats.tripod.com/id10.html

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the wee little vest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home