Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Important Things

On Thanksgiving and around the holidays in general, I try to reflect on the good people, the good days, the good things in life. We recently found out that my best friend's sister has Hodgkins Disease and it has really made me think and put my problems and frustrations into perspective. I got so annoyed the other day because someone almost hit my car, then screamed at me... I had to clean the house, and work.. yada, yada. Who was I to think that my life is so bad?! I am so thankful that I am healthy.. I have money for the necessary expenses, a roof over my head, loving friends and family, a wonderful future husband. So, this holiday season, keep the important things in mind and know that the traffic jam in front of you isn't the worst thing in the world (though in Boston we think that sometimes it can be). Smile.

I made the Shedir hat from Knitty to help A- get through the radiation and chemo. I think it turned out great!





Pattern: Shedir from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in a pale blue
Measurements: To fit a woman's head
Started: November 15, 2006
Finished: November 20, 2006
Other Details: I loved all the pretty little cables and will be knitting this again in the future for sure.

11 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Well said! Lovely hat and I am sure it will be much appreciated! :)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger ames said...

your shedir came out very pretty...love the color! it's a popular knit lately, i bought some rowan felted tweed for a shedir for me, and there's a knitalong over at craftster right now.

and aren't those people who scream at others for their own bad driving abilities the greatest? it really makes me wonder what's going through their heads.

happy thanksgiving! =]

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

That looks great. I need some of that all-important perspective these days! I get so mad about stupid stuff. That's a great way to look at life.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger YarnB said...

Dani, What a great post. Thanks for the reminder. I should try to do this for myself today instead of my mind going through the things I am not so grateful for! A friend told me she keeps a gratitude journal and writes in at least once a week. Kind of a good idea! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Ragan said...

The hat is so lovely! Simply lovely!
:)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

oh, i love that hat! it's on my list of hats to make.. hopefully i can fit one in for christmas.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Lara 900 said...

lovely Shedir. It's one of my favorite hat patterns.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shedir looks very cozy. I'm sure your friend's sister will appreciate the lovely gift.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's easy to get worked up about the traffice around here isn't it? (Especially the Riverway at rush hour! ;)

Your shedir is lovely, and best wishes to your friend's sister in the coming months.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger spajonas said...

it's such a lovely hat! i tried to cast on for it but immediately messed up within the FIRST round. ugh. i just knew that i wasn't cut out for all those cables :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Nik said...

I wanted to make this for my male cousin, but was afraid that it would take too long to knit. Since you've finished it in 5 days, looks like I'm going to give it a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home