Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Swallowtail Take 2

This is just one of those lace patterns that I'll probably knit a dozen times. It goes quick; with the perfect amount of row repeats and changes in charts. Smooth lace needles and some lovely silk just make my day. I love the Swallowtail.







Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark; Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns Sunsilk in Sprout
Needles: Addi 32" US4 (3.5mm)
Measurements: 45" across top edge, 23" down center
Started: May 2, 2008
Finished: May 10, 2008
Other Details: Just as fun as the first time! This one however, wasn't for me - it was a birthday present for a friend I work with :)

10 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Julie said...

It really is a wonderful pattern, isn't it? Yours came out beautifully and I love the color!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Such a beautiful shawl...what a lovely gift! :)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

It's beautiful but I think the nupps are enough to put me off from ever making another one!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger rockbridge said...

The color is spectacular! Says a lot about your yarns (not to mention your knitting skills...)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Christy said...

So pretty! Must...resist....urgeto...caston....

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Gorgeous, perfect color too!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I haven't done this one yet - it's beautiful! I feel the same way about Charlotte's Web - I'm on my second one. Maybe I should branch out and try a Swallowtail, LOL!

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i, too, love this pattern and am doing it in thicket sunsilk. i was inspired to try it when i saw another of your posts awhile back where you'd done it in what i recall was a tan type of color (mushroom or ???) and this color is also wonderful. when it came out in the Knitting Daily RCA top 5 i was ready and waiting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home