Thursday, April 10, 2008

And Again

Here is another one of my long lost FO's. I had been waiting to post this one with the hopes that there would be a cute matching Elefante to go along with the blanket - but no, I just didn't have it in me!

All machine washed and ready to go -




The back even looks pretty cool with all the seamed ridges -



Pattern: Garter Stitch Baby Blanket in Baby Knits for Beginner's, by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran #102, 015, 002, 502, 011, 006, and 010 (1 ball of each color)
Needles: US8, I ended up using DPN's since the blocks were so small!
Measurements: About a 23" square after washing
Started: January 26, 2008
Finished: February 2, 2008
Other Details: This was my second time knitting this blanket (the first one is pictured here), and I just can't get enough! Its a great way to play with lots of beautiful colors, and it really goes by super quick (don't get overwhelmed by the 56 squares, they are only 3")!

10 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow that is georgous...your joins are even georgous! :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it looks terrific! Well done!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Joan said...

I love it! How did you seam it that it looks so neat?

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I agree, the blanket looks totally wonderful. Even the wrong side looks great. Who is the lucky baby receiving it.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger rohanknitter said...

Love it!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

oooh, i love this blanket! did you have to seam it up? it occurs to me that you could probably pick up stitches on it.. hmmm.. i don't have the book so i can't take a look at the pattern. great colors, by the way!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jane said...

That is one beautiful blanket! You have inspired me to make one.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Adriana said...

It is so gorgeous! My friends had better start having babies soon because there are so many lovely things to knit!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Mitchypoo said...

That is really beautiful! Love the colors and the style, just beautiful! I don't think I'd have the patience for all the seaming though.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

thats so lovely..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home