Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries...

Problem solved! I made a quick trip yesterday to my LYS and found two new colors that work perfectly! Better yet, they were only $2.25 a skein since they were on major clearance! The two new colors are the lighter purple/pink color (which goes great next to the plum color) and the cream color. So far, I have done around 20 squares believe it or not :)



And, Laura will be happy to know that I finally sent out my Preemie Project donation! Unfortunately, I didn't get the fourth set finished since I kept on messing up the lace pattern (and after starting over three times, called it quits). I have so much yarn still and am planning on donating more stuff before the next donation day! And, of course I didn't even begin the "quickie baby blanket". I have this great pattern for a reversible blanke... tis shame, tis shame.




Of course last night my mind wandered due to the lack of interest in knitting squares, and so I started cross-stitching. Ahh, one of my favorite sayings. I am not sure what I am going to do with this yet... maybe I will throw it in a cute little frame :)



And, last but not least, I came up with a new cookie recipe and made a second batch last night. Yes, once again, the damn squares drove me away from knitting! If anyone wants to try the recipe out, email me! They are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. Of course I have to give some credit to Scott when last weekend he said, "Peanut Butter cookies would be good right now", and I said, "Hmmm, chocolate". A match was made! I have never really liked other recipes for this kind of cookie, so I just started throwing things in the bowl. The key is refrigerated peanut butter (both natural chunky and the commercial smooth kind).



Dani's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix together: 1.25 cups light brown sugar, 0.5 cup white sugar, 1 cup refrigerated peanut butter (I used half natural chunky and half smooth processed kind), 0.25 cup margarine (softened), 2 large eggs, 1 tbsp. vanilla.
Stir in: 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking soda... Then add as many chocolate chips as you'd like!
Bake: 350 degrees for 12 minutes. They aren't going to be quite done, cool on pan (I use a nonstick pan without spray).

14 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been busy! Those cookies look yummy and the preemie knits are adorable!

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby blanket is going to look great - those colors look so nice together. I've toyed with making this blanket too, but just haven't gotten around to it.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

I like those yummy new colors.

(speaking of yummy... those cookies look fab).

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

peanut butter and chocolate is my favourite combo,actually chocolate and mint is pretty good too..and what about chocolate and raspberry? or strawberry? yum
cara

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm PB & choc chip cookies! I made Rich his favorite Turtle cookies the other day (pecans, caramel choc chip cookies) Definately shoot me the recipe when ya get a chance?

LOVING the color combos for that blanket! All warm and snuggly!! Nice score =)

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful new colors--I love how the green kind of stands out among the others. And cookies... yum.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, those are some good looking cookies! Hmmm ... cookies sound good right about now ...

--SP

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Such sweet projects and then yummy cookies on top of that!

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! So happy you were able to find some yarn for the afghan...isn't it wonderful when everything comes together like that?

I want the cookie recipe for sure when you get a minute. Those look YUMMY!

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great deal on the yarn and the colors are great! Those cookies also look delicious.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger sarah said...

You made the perfect yarn choices! They will go so well with the others.

Is that a Mary Englebreit cross stitch? Turned out really cute.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wowzers! your a busy bee:) cute preemie project love the lace works dani! the squares match perfectly and such a bargin!!!!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmh. We're going to be having cookies here this weekend! *smiles* Thanks for the recipe, Dani!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home