Friday, December 02, 2005

Ruffle Me Up

What a beautiful, unique knit! I absolutely loved this one for its simplicity and sophisticated style, but most of all, because it is 100% perfect for the friend that it is going to. I also love the creamy goodness of the Premiere yarn I used. I have always had such a soft spot for this yarn, and without knowing its fate, came home with four skeins of it in May. Who knew?! The only change I made to the patten, was to shorten the total length. The pattern says that 4 skeins will give you 86"; however, my 4'10" friend does not need an accessory scarf that long. I used 3.5 skeins and ended up with about 74".





Pattern: Ruffles Scarf out of Scarf Style
Yarn: Classic Elite Premiere Cotton in natural
Measurements: About 74" long.
Started: November 20, 2005
Finished: November 30, 2005
Other Details: This was knit on US6 Addi's. I followed the pattern and even used the yarn they recommend! The only change I made was to the total length since it would have been too long for my shorter friend :)

10 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Kit said...

That's such a cute scarf!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Acornbud said...

What a fun looking thing...it's almost alive;)

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani,
What a cute scarf! Have a good weekend.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Scoutj said...

This one is totally on my knitlist! You did a great job.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! I can practically feel the softness through the internet. :)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

Hey, I love it! I am desperate to finish my second ruffle but I'm losing motivation. Your finished product inspires me to get moving!

I'm a long time lurker on your blog and I've just entered the blog world myself. Check it out: http://exercisebeforeknitting.blogspot.com/

I like reading your blog in part because I'm from MA but transplanted in the Midwest for the last 6 years. I can't wait to get back to the Boston area.

Cheers,
Elinor

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That came out so cute! I have been wanting to make one of those for a while now but just haven't gotten the right time to do it. Hmm...wonder if that would make a good mother-in-law Christmas gift?????

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love that scarf. It is on my to-do list too. One of these days...

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Your firned will LOVE IT!! (who wouldn't?)

Hope all is well!!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love it! i just got that book and i want to make that ruffles scarf for my sister... it would fit her personality too. sophisticated and fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home