Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Take Me Home Country Road...

I miss home. Every time I come back to Colorado, I just flat out don't want to leave! I forgot to mention last week that I was going to be coming out here. Scott and I flew out last Thursday night and are heading back to Boston to do Christmas with his family on Wednesday. So, a short trip.. but a nice one so far since I've had a chance to catch up with many old friends :)

Here is what I came home to: a house with a nice little dusting of snow...



And even though it was gray on Sunday, there were a few nice photo ops. Ahh, my mountains..



And even though I miss my kitties terribly, I got a chance to see my girl Bradie! She is getting old, but she is doing well. How cute is this Aussie dog?!



Don't fret, of course I am still knitting! Remember that Midwest Moonlight Scarf and those wrist warmers?! Here they are being wrapped up as a holiday gift to one of my best friends, Jyoti. She really dug it all.. which of course makes me feel like a successful knitter :) I also gave my friend Mia the Ruffles Scarf and my friend Andrea the Manos Scarf which I just finished knitting today. It all went over well and each gift will get lots of use this winter.



Here are a few pictures of the Manos Scarf that I took earlier today. I love this yo pattern with the Manos texture. All I did was cast on 18 sts and do, k1, yo, k2tog the entire way!




Pattern: My own simple pattern.. CO 18 sts (or a multiple of 3) and k1, yo, k2tog the entire way!
Yarn: Manos.. one of my favorites!
Measurements: About 55" long and 4.5" wide.
Started: December 12, 2005
Finished: December 19, 2005
Other Details: I knit this on size US 8 needles to make the stitches a bit tighter and to prevent stretching over time. I love how this pattern looks with Manos yarn and highly recommend giving something so simple a try!

10 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors in that scarf! It's so pretty.

Glad to hear you got to go home for a short trip...I know what you mean about missing home. I do too, especially around this time of year.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks fabulous - I'm inspired to start one for myself...... :)

Jackie

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love those simple scarf patterns.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm knitting up the same pattern as your manos scarf right now!In some mohair that Colleen got from the Bizaar Bazaar :) I love how it looks!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Hey, I'm moving to your hometown next week!!! Do you have any favorite places I should check out? I'll take pictures of the Rock Creek socks with the mountains. :)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

How much Manos did it take to make that scarf? I love it!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

I wish I had see that pattern before I started the scarf I'm working on =) it's really pretty!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Laura.Y said...

oo i love the colors of that scarf. And your dog looks so adorable! Merry Christmas Dani..:)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger amandamonkey said...

Have a great holiday, Darlin'...

You're the best.

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please send a message to your mom (who gave me your site to look upon [which is fabulous]) ... that we miss her at swimming! You do such great work btw!!!

Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home